cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Morning Prayer 11/16/2017 - Tired of Trying to Quit

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Thursday. I woke up this morning still exhausted and even my big cup of homemade cappuccino didn't wake me up. I'd make another but the machine and tools need to be washed and I'm too tired to do that even. I realized that so many times in the past I got tired of the process of quitting smoking and gave up. It takes a tremendous amount of work and with everything else in our lives that requires our attention and strength we get tired of adding one more 'weight to the bar' to keep it up. That's been my roadblock for years. I woke up this morning and realized, for the first time ever, that I'm tired of going back and forth down this road. The road gets longer every time I give up the quit to go 'home' and I'm getting older so the walk back is way to long. It would much easier to just keep going to my destination of freedom.  With everyone here helping me along the road and walking with me to hold me up, the strength to keep walking forward grows a little every day. My prayer for the day is for the energy to keep up the journey!

Lord, today I am tired. I'm not only physically tired I am mentally tired as well. It takes much of my strength to keep walking along the new road I'm on. I humbly ask for your loving arms and the strength and support of everyone here to hold me up when I feel that I'm just too weary to take one more step forward. I pray that others who grow weary on their road gain strength by your presence and lean on all of us walking with them during this long journey. Bless us with the sun in our faces and the wind at our backs. Lord Jesus please hear my prayer. Amen.

Exodus 17:12

12 "When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up - one on one side, one on the other - so that his hands remained steady till sunset."

Tags (3)
4 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

It really must be exhausting to keep starting over - again and again.  So keep moving forward in your journey! That is the way every successful quitter does it - one day at a time.

Mortalzeus

And we will be here to hold you up when the Journey becomes too much!  Reach out and we will come

Bless You and your Journey!

Darren

minihorses

I've been reaching out since the day I found this site. You guys are the only reason I've made it this far! I'm still on the road and that's what counts.

elvan

I am so proud of you for recognizing why you got so tired and went back to smoking.  That is a HUGE step in the right direction.  I quit over and over again and each time that I failed, I was pretty sure that I would never be able to do it again.  I so WANTED to quit, I so WANTED my freedom, now that I have some time behind me, I feel more accomplished with every free day that passes.  Your prayer is lovely, very heartfelt.

Ellen