minihorses

Prayer for Monday 11/6 - Trust

Discussion created by minihorses on Nov 6, 2017

It's Monday and a dreary one outside, at least for now. There is dense fog and fog advisories are in affect. I've watched the weather and it's supposed to lift and be partly sunny later. I don't know for sure that it will lift. All I can do is trust the weather man that it will. Trust is the basis for almost everything in our lives; our families and friends, that the things we use will work correctly, our safety unless we don't pay attention to dangerous conditions, our bosses, kids, even our wills. Sometimes our trust is shaky, misplaced or even shattered. Sometimes we don't trust in anything at all, especially ourselves. Trust is something that must be learned, built, held on to, and nurtured. Do I know for sure that I will make it through the day without a craving or slip? Maybe, maybe not. All I can do is trust in my commitment, the EX community being a safety net, my support system at home, and most of all that God will be here to listen and hold my hand if I start to falter. My prayer for this morning is this:

Father God, thank you for another day and for your love and support each day as I move down the path towards the light that is freedom. My trust has been misdirected for very long time. I trusted that cigarettes and the act of smoking would help solve my problems, become calm, make me feel better, and always be at the ready when I needed it. I am slowly learning that my trust was very misplaced and I'm working hard to be rid of trusting in them. The road I travel today will surely be bumpy but I trust that you will be with me to guide me and hold me close during the rough patches. I thank you for opening my eyes, being the light that guides my way, and continuing to love me even when I don't love myself. I put all my trust in you God to be with me today as is written in Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." I offer this prayer in Jesus' name. Amen.

Outcomes