cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Violet_Quit

I LEARNED YOU NEED THE EX

I Stopped coming around much i been busy with other things. Welp i started smoking and i am starting again at 1, am i allowed to do that?  NEED HELP!!

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Giulia

Violet, of course you are allowed to be here and start again.  That's what we're here for.  I was looking back at one of your blogs last year around this time and you had 14 days under your belt.  Mmmmm, I'll bet you wish you had stuck with it.  You would have over a year by now.  

OK.  So my first suggestion is that in the future come around on a regular basis, make quitting a priority in your life and don't let the other "busy things" take you away from your goal.  For most of us long-term quitters, quitting had to take first place for quite a while.  We needed to be busy with THIS, rather than the other things in our lives.  Quitting has to become a priority simply because it such a strong addiction that relegating it to a second place position won't be enough to conquer it and achieve your ultimate goal. Your focus has to be on this aspect of your life, quitting smoking.  At least in the beginning of the journey.  But even all along the journey, attention must be paid.  Otherwise you're going to end up right where you are at the present moment which unhappily is back to another Day One.

So reset your quit clock to November 6th!, put your head up and charge ahead into your new quit.  But stick around this time.  OK?!  

JACKIE1-25-15

I am glad you have learned the lesson to /blogs/JACKIE1-25-15-blog/2015/10/21/stay-connected 

c2q

Hi Violet_Quit‌. It's good to see you around the place again. I honestly don't think I could have kept my quit without Becomeanex. You are very welcome here! I'm sorry that you're facing another day one. Stay close.

you promised you'd be back and here you are.  Reset your quit clock and you know how to do the rest

YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

If we didn't allow people who didn't quit their first time with us back again, this would be a very lonely place indeed. Please spend a moment thinking about what caused you to smoke during your last attempt, and make plans NOW how you will handle the same situation/emotion this time.

Let's get it done THIS time! 

Glad you are here!

Nancy

MePlus3

Welcome back! Yes you are allowed long as you don't completely quit quitting all together. That's what these lovely folks told me! I'm 30 days into my umpteenth quit if that's a word lol but this time in seriously not turning back. I've done my share of deep breathing, crying, feeling on loneliness, dread, emptiness you name it add that on top of bipolar disorder but guess what? All of that passes. My good days surely outweighed my bad. Quitting is a journey not a destination! You got This! Whoo hoo for day 1(won)

-Kimberly

Sandy-9-17-17

Kimberly, look at those precious babies you have!  You are doing the best thing for yourself, as you are going to be so healthy being a quitter, and that truly benefits you, but those beautiful children you have there as well!  Congrats on 31 days of Freedom !!!

Sandy 51 DOF

elvan

Sandy-9-17-17‌ Kimberly's babies ARE beautiful, so is their mom.

We've got your back, Violet! 

Welcome Home!