cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

t-monster

New to Chantix

Hello
Well, went to doc yesterday was prescribed chantix to help me quit smoking. I have been doing alot of research on it and I hear a lot of good and bad. I am nervous about the what all say about the depression. I don't have much of a history with depression but I do get moody(happy, sad, crabby kind of alot) at times. Is this something that I should have talked with my doc about. Should I re-evaluate the meds that I am on?
I started it this morning after breakfast. The only side effect that I have noticed is that I am much calmer than normal which is great. I have a stressfull life, and I don't think I can make anymore changes to get it better.
Anyway, if someone can just let me know what they think that would be great.

Thanks
Theresa
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Dear T Monster: I too was afraid of the side effect list that came along with the Chantix. I have not had any problems with the severe side effects like sleeping or suicidal thoughts,however, have every other one at one time or the other. For me I have to take it on a full stomach with the water....and find....if I graze it helps with the nausea. I find it better during the week when I work than on the weekend. After all is said and done I feel so much better not smoking that I can deal for 12 weeks. A lot of the benefits will stay with me.....after 38 years I am just naturally calmer now and find that I do not stress out easily and if I do get stressed it is easier to deal with. I believe it is because I am not prone to the up and downs that come with all the chemicals I have exposed myself to for so long.....Hang in there...
0 Kudos
t-monster

Thanks for responding. I have choose to quit taking chantix. My doc thought that it would be best in all. The stress etc that I have been feeling lately is due to PPD. So, she has put me on Welbutrin. I just started this. I am excited and I hope that it works just as well.
I think I might try the patch along with this to take the craving completely away.
0 Kudos