cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smorgy8513

Long Lost Conversation

Good morning to all!    Been so long since I've been here and I feel ashamed that I've not been here for support for me and for others.

All going well in my little corner of the world.         I've just moved to my new apartment and excited about being on my own again (not living with son).     Doing cancer treatment of Opdivo and that does not have the side effects of chemo so feeling better.   I am tired a lot but not like chemo.       I've reconnected with 2 old roommates from high school (many, many years ago) and happy about that.

So, today I have 1529 DOF and happy about it.    If you are just starting believe me.....if I can do it, so can you!

I promise to come here at least 2-3 times per week to be more active.

Just me!

10 Replies
elvan

It is SO GOOD to hear from you and I am so glad that you are doing well and getting settled in your new apartment.  What a lovely thing for all of us to look forward to...you coming here 2-3 times  a week.

Love you lady.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Very nice to hear from you.  Hope that you are settled into your new home and enjoy having it to yourself.  I live alone, and it would be a huge adjustment to have to share my space with someone - lol  Looking forward to seeing you around her more often!

Hugs!

Michwoman

Hi there Sharon!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hey so good to hear from you.  I am glad you are able to receive a treatment that isn't as harsh as chemo.  You will be in my prayers.  Thanks so much for checking in.  Even though you are not here.  Your name still floats around as a reminder of the hard work you have put in for us.  Thanks. Hope to see more of you. 

MarilynH

It's wonderful to see you dear sweet friend and even more wonderful that you're feeling better with this treatment then with the chemo and yay for your new apartment and that you've reconnected with a couple of friends and yay on your quit number, huge hug smorgy8513 xo.

Strudel

Sharon - So great to see you! I am so glad you have settled into your new home. Can't wait to see you at EX6!!

Giulia

Great to hear from you, Sharon and know that you're in your new abode.  And especially glad that the side effects of the non-chemo treatment are easier!   And looking forward to your being more active here again!!!!!   Tennessee hug coming at you!

Sootie

Hi Sharon----So good to see you back on this site!! We need you! Even though I keep track of you via facebook....there is nothing like having you here on EX! Congratulations on both your new apartment and your 1529 (now almost 1530!) days of freedom.

My friend will be beginning chemo very shortly.....but the doctors have warned her this is very unpleasant chemo with many side effects including nausea, etc. Please keep her in your thoughts and transmit your incredible strength to her.

GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE!!!!