cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandy-9-17-17

Disgestive System????

It has always been a problem in the past when I quit, and my doc said to use 

nicotine gum to help my morning go normally with my coffee!  

Quitting smoking has wrecked my digestive system, and it has every time 

I have quit smoking.  

I am trying to not share TMI but smoking first thing in the morning with my 

coffee was like a laxative and now that I don't smoke, my digestive track 

is totally out of whack!  But I refused to put any nicotine in my body the day 

I decided to quit!  Because keeping nicotine in my body would still mean 

I had an addiction to it.  

Anyone else have this issue?

38 Replies
ahkhippiechic

funny you mention it but my girlfriend who is an EX said it was the one thing she missed about smoking, great POOPS.

and isn't is funny that all of us as people, as especially me, never like to mention POO even though we ALL DO IT.  Of course, I raised three boys and do know that males are generally more likely to discuss it as a joke. (my boys used to have contests and take photos...).  I digress.

I think we should ask a questions of Dr. Hayes and call it POOP. 

Sandy-9-17-17

I was very skeptical about bringing this up, but you just opened the door for me!  HaHa! 

Thank you!  

That's all I want, is to have a good poop!  Cause since I quit, my system isn't regulating 

and that was my concern, which is why they recommended I do one nicotine gum first 

thing in the morning with my coffee.... But I wanted to be completely free! 

ahkhippiechic

have you ever tried SMOOTH MOVE herbal tea?  one of my kiddos had congenital issues with constipation and I used to give him that.  You could try adding chia seeds or ground up flax seed to a smoothie. Or try some of that OTC orange flavored fiber drink that I can't remember the name of.  If taking petroleum products doesn't bother you there is something out there called Miralax that add water to the stool and makes things move along quite nicely. (OMG sorry..) My work involves a good deal of medical stuff and I have many clients who use this product...has no taste and easy to get down, just mix in water or juice.

Sandy-9-17-17

I just tried Miralax today, stool softeners weren't working, and my daughter 

said to try it, but so far nothing.....I look like I am pregnant according to my hubby, 

he thinks twins maybe!  HaHa, we are laughing a little about this, but it's really 

starting to concern me! 

ahkhippiechic

Miralax takes time...if nothing happens in the am you can always take more...all that will happen is ummmm. Loose ness.  

Ok done with that!  Hopefully better in am.  I have eaten so much in the first 16DOF I have gained 7 pounds.  I knew I felt like a stuffed sausage.  Wish a good poop could take off 7 pounds!  Ha ha ha 

elvan

ahkhippiechic‌ It MIGHT take off seven pounds  but you might have to NAME it.

Master of the bowel?

The Great Blockage?

Emperor Of The North?

ahkhippiechic

Alaska pipeline?  thanks so much for your humor!