cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

afriedh1

week 2

Wonder why week 2 seems to be so much harder than week 1?  All the support & advice has been invaluable, probably kept me from having that "just one".  My house has never been so clean, I even cleaned the inside of my refrigerator.  Been quilting like a mad woman.  Even bought a spinner!!!  Annette

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi Annette, quitting smoking is like riding a rollercoaster at times.  It has highs and lows.  If you make the commitment to not smoke no matter what you will be able to hold on tight when the ride gets bumpy.  Always come here as you did.  we will support you.  Self talk helped me a lot.  Tell the urges to go away they are wasting there time because you are not going to smoke.  Holler if you have to. http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/8313043/activities-you-can-do-to-keep-yourself-busy-ins...   

0 Kudos

just remember to breathe, let it take hold and watch it roll away.  Every week, they will get less and less.  Give it a few more weeks.  You're going to notice a huge difference

c2q

The first few weeks of a quit are like boot camp - you're an EX alright, but you're still developing the skills and habits that you'll use to stay quit. And like boot camp, things get easier when you've made it through. So, polish that buckle, private, or shine that kitchen floor. Around week 3 you'll begin to feel like the winner your are!

0 Kudos
afriedh1

Thanks!! I have been cleaning every nook & cranny of my house & the dogs r begging to stop walking!!

Sent from my iPhone

elvan

This too shall pass...I am so over the cleaning, it sure did help though.  It really WILL get better...I am so proud of you and I'll bet the dogs are too.

0 Kudos