cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge September 2017

Happy September everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps to hold ourselves accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's  ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better! And be PROUD of YOU!

A special mention to Pops (Ken) who did such a magnificent job with this Pledge Page. Sorry you left us. You are missed. Hope you come back some day.

If there is anyone interested in taking over the Pledge Page - please let it be known. I'm just filling in for now.

======

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

=================== 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
363 Replies
Giulia

Thanks for your "last day of August" hand Lynne with your glorious 181 days smoke free! I take it and start this new month off with a pledge not to smoke as I have for eleven years plus. Here's my hand to next who is willing to commit to this one day. That's how it's done. Just one day at time. Day after day. Here's to all who make that commitment!  (Giulia at 4201 days of commitment and freedom!)  It all just truly begins with the first step on that first day.

Not One Puff Ever!

Bree19

Hey there Giulia.  I happily take your hand while I pledge not to smoke at all ever.  I am still thrilled that I made that commitment 6 months ago and that, for once, I'm respecting my commitment to work on that awful addiction.  Bree - Smoke-free for 183 days!

Bree19

Sorreeee!  And of course I hold out my other hand for the next person in line to pledge!!

Bree

meWisconsin

I pledge not to smoke this month. I have your hand Bree 19 and extend my other to the next in line.

Terry 1083 DOF 

MarilynH

I'll gladly take your hand Terry and pledge to remain smoke free, here's my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 1145 DOF or something like that.

0 Kudos
Brianairb2

I'm EXcited to take your sure hand, Marilyn, and pledge to not smoke this month.  I EXtend my hand to the nEXt EX that reaches out. ~Brian (67 DOF)

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Hi Brian, I take your hand and extend my other hand to the next in line and promise to protect my quit today!

0 Kudos
c2q

I'm happy to take your hand Mandolinrain‌ on this beautiful morning, and offer my hand to the next to join us in the pledge to not smoke todayl

Pati 2315 DOF

"It's not the number of days in your quit, it's the quititude in your days."

elvan

Good morning Giulia‌, thanks for taking over the pledge page. Dear Pati, c2q‌, I am happy to take your hand this morning as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge on this first day of September.

Ellen 1321 DOF

0 Kudos