cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mikecity

Good morning everyone

Hi all,

Happy Friday!!!!!!  Yesterday I found out my laptop will no longer connect to the internet.  I guess it's just to old   Well I am not going to smoke over it!!!!!!!

Remember we have given up nothing, and gained much!!!!!!  There's no loss.  The advantages are many!!!!!!  What a wonderful deal!!!!!!  Namaste.  

N. O. P. E.  

8 Replies
Barbara145

Morning Mike.  Adjusting to retirement is similar to adjusting to not smoking.  It takes time, give it time.  : )  Enjoy your day.  Namaste

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning Mike, 

Another day among the land of the living.  Good to be here and free.  Stay focused everyone, do not be tricked. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Good Morning Mike - I hope that you can get the laptop connected.  Some times it can be a router problem and resetting the router will solve your problem.  Hope you have a good day.

0 Kudos

Unless the actual wireless adaptor is fried, there should be no reason it can't connect if it did yesterday.

My brother was running Vista until a few weeks ago.  :-)What OS are you running?

0 Kudos
mikecity

Hi,

My laptop has windows 8

It is getting up there in age 

A lot of the programs are out dated 

Have a good day 

0 Kudos

Resetting Network Adapter (Winsock Reset) | iiHelp 

I couldn't connect a week or so ago but I have two computers so I knew it wasn't them. I bought a new dual band router for under $30 and that solved the wifi problem. Do you have a tablet or a smartphone that you can test to see if it's your router?

0 Kudos
mikecity

Hi,

I use coffee shop WIFI 

I went wireless two years ago and gave up the phone line 

I'll try resetting the adapter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
elvan

I have to periodically reset my router, just unplug it for about a minute or even less and then plug it back in.  Often times, that will do it. 

Have a wonderful Friday.

Ellen

0 Kudos