cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I Care

I have not had a cigarette in over a month thanks to my vaporizer.

I can hit on it anytime I want and get nicotine.

Who cares if I am reinforcing the same ritual as smoking?

Who cares if I am getting nicotine every time I think about smoking?

I care. 

I care that you have accepted this as quitting smoking, not in judgement, but, out of understanding.

What are you doing to distance yourself from the ritual and the ingestion of nicotine?

These are the CRUX of smoking. They encompass both the physical and the psychological addictions.

You address neither using an ecig.

People can use an ecig for the rest of their lives, I'm not condemning them

Still spending money, and, still building the day and night around the ritual and physical addiction is not what I consider freedom.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
bonniebee

No it is not freedom from nicotine to use as an aid to quit with a plan can be helpful but to use in place of a cigarette it is not quitting it is not freedom . You remain a slave to the addiction  .

If you are vaping and quitting smoking have a plan, just as you would for the gum or any other NRT to get off the e-cig  gradually and at specific times otherwise the addiction continues and you will not have the freedom you deserve !. 

Showiestodin

I tried to quit smoking/wean myself off cigarettes, a year ago with the ecig and then with the vaporizer. It did not work for me. I just wound up smoking more. It tasted fabulous, cause there are hundreds of different flavors for the vapor. And different percentages of nicotine levels. I went cold turkey this time and am proud of it. More proud of myself than just about anything else. Addition is ugly no matter how you do it, cigarettes, ecig or vape, it is all the same addition and addition is addition until you confront it and discard it from your life. Just my experience and my take on things, thus far.

MarilynH

I agree that it's definitely not Freedom not in my opinion anyway,thanks Dale....

elvan

Being tied to a nicotine delivery system is NOT FREEDOM, not in the eyes of someone who is really free.

0 Kudos

to me it tasted like iodine smelled

0 Kudos
elvan

Oh yuck!

0 Kudos