Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14

More blessed to give....

Discussion created by Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14 on Aug 7, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 by Showiestodin

Decided to take a short walk after work - not anything big - just wanted to stretch my legs a bit and get from fresh air after setting at my desk all day.  I walked down to the playground at my apartment complex.  I noticed a little girl about 4 playing all alone.  Not an adult in site.  She was friendly and very cute.  I turned around to walk away and clumsy me went down.  Fell hard on one knee.  She started coming toward me and I told her that I was OK.  I got up and realized that I had cut my thumb on something and it was bleeding. Bless that little girl's heart, she tried to give me a little pink case.  That was one of the nicest things that has happened to me lately because I know that she loves that little pink case.  Very generous.  I thanked her but said that she needs to keep it for herself.  She reminded me of a very important lesson in life - it is more blessed to give than to receive.  She was willing to give me - a complete stranger - a prized possession of hers.  I hope that I see her again - and can offer her something in exchange for her kindness shown to me.  Not sure how to turn this into anti-smoking - but I will not smoke over it!  Have a good evening everyone - in spite of hurting from my fall - my heart feels good!

Outcomes