cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minus Points

Jump to solution

Why are there minus numbers after folks on the Leaderboard tonight?Screen Shot 08-08-17 at 08.04 PM.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

So I got a little bit more information on this.  I've found out that when people delete their own posts/comments and there are comments associated with those deleted posts/comments that the points earned are lost as well.  Similarly if you create a post and then delete it, the credit you earned for creating the post is deleted when you remove it. Similarly if you are awarded a points for someone liking or indicating your post is helpful, if that designation is changed, then the points are deducted.  With that being said if you created things last week but deleted them today then you'd have a gain last week but a loss on the day you deleted them or someone else deleted your comments that were children of their comments.  The only way you overcome the daily gain/loss is to add more points than you lost on a day.

I haven't looked at what gifting points does. I'll probably test that tomorrow.  I don't have any test accounts with significant points to test it with.  The leaderboard is calculated only twice a day so even if you gift someone points you may not see that reflected in the gain/loss until up to 11 hrs and 59 seconds later.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

32 Replies
elvan

Good grief...I didn't even SEE that.

0 Kudos
Sootie

YoungAtHeart‌  elvan

I don't see any minus points but I THINK it is when you give points away.....so under the Daily Gain it would show a minus. When I give points away, it shows a minus for that day......unless I "gained" more than I "gave away".  I THINK this is why.......although I don't know for sure. So I am going to try an experiment and you see if it works Nancy. I'm going to give you and Elvan points and see if then there is a minus by my name.

0 Kudos

but I didn't give any points tonight?

maybe Giulia‌ is STEALING them?????

0 Kudos

So I got a little bit more information on this.  I've found out that when people delete their own posts/comments and there are comments associated with those deleted posts/comments that the points earned are lost as well.  Similarly if you create a post and then delete it, the credit you earned for creating the post is deleted when you remove it. Similarly if you are awarded a points for someone liking or indicating your post is helpful, if that designation is changed, then the points are deducted.  With that being said if you created things last week but deleted them today then you'd have a gain last week but a loss on the day you deleted them or someone else deleted your comments that were children of their comments.  The only way you overcome the daily gain/loss is to add more points than you lost on a day.

I haven't looked at what gifting points does. I'll probably test that tomorrow.  I don't have any test accounts with significant points to test it with.  The leaderboard is calculated only twice a day so even if you gift someone points you may not see that reflected in the gain/loss until up to 11 hrs and 59 seconds later.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I got'em - did you get a minus????

btw - all points are very much appreciated!!!!

😉

0 Kudos

YoungAtHeart

No-----that doesn't seem to be the answer unless, as Mark said, it takes awhile for the minus to show up.

0 Kudos

If you're watching your points on your profile you should see points disappear immediately for any deductions that are made however the leaderboard is only updated twice a day so this is why you may see some disparity throughout the day where the points in the leaderboard and your profile do not match.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Looks like you are -1 point Nancy.   Not to worry I'll give you a whole bunch to make up for it.

0 Kudos