cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

The Mind Can Do Amazing Things If We Don't Limit It.

I wrote this song in 1978.

What makes it unusual was it was the first song I ever wrote in my sleep and, from that point forward, over half of my songs have been written while I slept.

Let me explain what I mean by that.

I go to bed with an idea somewhere in my subconscious and I wake up with all the words and all the music complete.

When I pick up my guitar for the very first time the next day, the only change might be the key might need to be changed for me to sing it.

Is it a miracle? I don't think so. I think it must happen in the dream state of sleep. We all go into the dream state when we sleep.

My brother (on keyboards) and I wrote a lot of music projects together.

We happened to rebuild a studio in Hollywood and the owner was bartering part of our pay in studio time.

This was one of the songs we recorded.  (I'd guess 1980)  

"Let My Love Put You Under"   

Don't limit yourself with your own thinking.

Quitting Smoking Is Just Another Step On Your Journey.             

4 Replies
MarilynH

Thanks for sharing Dale, you're so right about not limiting ourselves with our thinking! Quitting smoking is just another step in our journey and it's an awesome journey! 

Diannnnn

Cool tunes. I think many of us limit ourselves with, "I can't....". I never dreamed I would quit smoking and here I am, on a journey I never imagined!

Thanks Dale

elvan

WOW, I am seriously impressed.  If I do anything in my sleep, I don't remember it.  This is amazing, Dale!  Thanks for sharing.

Giulia

Interesting - from last year's reunion skype song and the other material you have on youtube, you don't sound any different than you did back then.  And that's sayin' something!  Despite your tri-quarter burnings.  Amazing.  More power to you, Dale.  My uncle (in his 80s) used to see writing on the ceiling as he was drifting off to sleep.  The next day he'd have a whole story to write down.  Inspiration does come from a very special source, I think.  And it's definitely to be paid attention to.