coreinstincts

What to do when you wake up and want one?

Discussion created by coreinstincts on Jul 22, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 by linda258

My last and first relapse started when I got out of bed that morning and my brain and body were saying "The Heck with this! Why are you doing this to yourself when you don't have to?" I caved so fast it wasn't funny, I did reach out and argued with my roommate about having a cigarette for a half hour via text message I told him: "F" It I was going to smoke; he gave in to me way to easily and said fine I can't stop you smoke your life away. right now I have almost a full carton of Smokers Choice cigarettes sitting in my filing cabinet and know that I could have one anytime I wanted and I don't want it. My relapse lasted 12 days and now I am back to not smoking but I am not going cold turkey this time. The Point of this is what happens if I come across this trigger again? This is an out of the blue trigger and I think it is also part of my original depression. I have to be careful here when I sleep a lot that tells me depression is lurking around the corner and I am already taking enough meds for that!

Outcomes