cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elvan

Points???

Jump to solution

Mark‌  I posted this a few days ago...could not, at that time, @mention you either.  scha‌ said to follow up with you when you got back because she is unfamiliar with the points system.  I can get points DIRECTLY awarded by others but I do not get points for commenting, for liking, or for getting my comments liked.  It's been going on for several days since I first noticed it.  My points end in 07 and have for days.  JonesCarpeDiem‌ awarded me 1,000 points directly and someone else awarded me 100 points directly and those went through but there is no indication of participation other than that.

Welcome back, hope the move went smoothly if there IS such a thing as a smooth move.

Ellen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll get someone looking into this.  Thanks for the heads up and posting this as a separate issue!

I am alerted to everything posted in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help?sr=search&searchId=93c5b4f2-d1d4-43f4-97...‌ so if it's related to how the community is working/not working, best to post in here as community related questions posted in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=24383d27-d87d-46d4-817...‌ and personal blogs will get lost.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll get someone looking into this.  Thanks for the heads up and posting this as a separate issue!

I am alerted to everything posted in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help?sr=search&searchId=93c5b4f2-d1d4-43f4-97...‌ so if it's related to how the community is working/not working, best to post in here as community related questions posted in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=24383d27-d87d-46d4-817...‌ and personal blogs will get lost.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I'm seeing points showing up on the leaderboard for you today elvan‌ and also Pops‌.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

elvan‌ and Pops

When you were checking your points was it on the leaderboard or somewhere else(your profile).  Hoping for some additional context.

The leaderboard is only updated twice a day (for performance optimization) so posting something won't be reflected on leaderboard right away.  You won't see it until after the leaderboard has been updated.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark,

The system was "down" for three days.  AIl of the days that I have been on this new system, I usually have advanced at a minumum of 125 points per day...often 600+ per day.  I am capable of recognizing a missed read vs a nonfunctioning element.  The system was not functioning.

pops

0 Kudos

Pops wrote:

Mark,

The system was "down" for three days.  AIl of the days that I have been on this new system, I usually have advanced at a minumum of 125 points per day...often 600+ per day.  I am capable of recognizing a missed read vs a nonfunctioning element.  The system was not functioning.

pops

Merely informing you of how leaderboard works.  Not insinuating you were doing anything wrong.   Just trying to put the dots together without having fully observed what exactly happened.  It was still functioning for some but not others so it wasn't "down".  That is mysterious to me.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Pops

Yep, so what happened?  Seems to be sort of hokey in the performance category. 

0 Kudos

Pops  Not sure what happened but points are showing up now...doesn't make up for points that were not awarded for the several days prior to that...I guess there is some sort of issue with Jive.  Any idea about the points that were not awarded in the period of time for certain folks Mark‌?

Your vacation seems to have been really short and it wasn't even MY vacation.  I know how fast they go.  I do hope you are well rested and enjoyed yourself.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Pops‌ and elvan

It self corrected somehow. I'm not sure if the points were added retroactively.  Will still have a tech look at it and determine what might have happened. They can possible re-calculate points to ensure the points are added however this might have other side-effects as it relates to points you give away.  Just my speculation at this point thought.

It wasn't a vacation last week. I was busy moving to a new place.  Vacation to me it out of the country or somewhere with extremely poor cell coverage

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Mark‌ I knew you were not on vacation, moving can hardly be called vacation.  I meant Pops‌ because it did not seem like he had been gone that long.

0 Kudos