cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RHRS

Chest tightness/pressure

Hi, I've been smoke free for 24 hours and started feeling severe tightness in my chest but I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Is this normal? 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Mandolinrain

First of all, yes that can be a symptom ( chest tightness) of nicotine withdrawal as well as anxiety.....lit can also be heartburn, angina, heart attack......

If your having SERIOUS chest tightness.....I think you need to call 911!!!!!

I agree that seeing a Doctor is important. Tell your Dr that you are withdrawing from Nicotine. Let us know how you're doing! We Care!

elvan

I agree with the above, chest tightness can certainly be a symptom of withdrawal but it can also be something more serious...please either call 911 or get someone to take you to an ER for a cardiac evaluation.  It is most likely nothing other than withdrawal and anxiety.  DO KEEP US POSTED!

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

Daniela2016

RHRS‌, how are you feeling?  Have you seen a doctor, or did the symptoms go away?

I hope you are doing well.

0 Kudos
RHRS

Hello everyone, and thank you for your messages. I had a killer workout with my trainer yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's not a heart attack . However, I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to set up a stress test just to be on the safe side. I still feel pressure if I turn my torso left or right, or if I look down and squeeze my chest - always followed by a burp, which makes me think GERD? I'll keep you guys posted. 

So so far no big cravings for a puff which is great. 

elvan

Thanks for the update.  I think you might be right and it might be related to the workout.  I am so glad that you are not having big cravings...BEWARE, they will probably occur, just be ready to say NOPE, Not One Puff Ever or "I don't do that any more." Those were my favorite go to's in the beginning of my quit.

Ellen

Daniela2016

Good to hear you are well RHRS‌, and you are seeing your doctor anyways. Could be acid reflux, or just a neuralgia, but it's better to make sure. Things are going to get better.

Giulia

I'll keep you guys posted.

We're waiting to hear?  You doing ok?

0 Kudos
RHRS

Hi there! Thanks for checking! Chest issues are gone. I was planning on seeing my doctor this week but tightness/pressure disappeared. I've been exercising hard, with BPMs as high as 165. If it'd be a heart related issue and I'd feel something while exercising. Still smoke free and feeling out of breath and dizzy at times but for what I read those are normal withdrawal symptoms.

Again, thank you so much for checking