cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Perhaps A Little Less Stress Before You Begin?

So many don't have a clue about the positives and negatives of cutting down before they quit.

It can very often turn into denial and negativity.

I suggest people approach it as "changing a pattern" instead of counting what they can't have and worrying if they will go over what they allowed themselves for that day.

You just need to get off auto pilot not, punish yourself.

Don't Count

Don't Stress

You Only Need To

Change  Your Pattern

To Wake Up.

Quitting Is Not A Negative.

It's The Best Thing You Will Ever Do For Yourself.

7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I found that trying to track and cut down before I quit just made me think of smoking ALL THE TIME....so I quit doing it.  I did try to think about each cigarette I smoked and why I was needing it at that time, and thought of what I might do instead, but that's all I did.

Worked just fine for me.  Everybody is different - do what you find is best for YOU when you are quitting.

Nancy

Daniela2016

When my mindset shifted to see quitting as a positive, and I might have been in NML by that time, everything changed! I became the happy quitter, the craves came and went with me happy to get them because they meant I had quit!

Nobody can make yourself happy but YOU.  Be happy and the rest will happily fall into place, and you'll be counting the days of freedom instead!

Thanks JonesCarpeDiem‌ Dale for the reminder!

Diannnnn

Thank you, just what I needed right now.  I've started calling you Yoda in my mind because your words have such a punch. Is that ok?

Dian

perhaps Yo-dale?    🙂

Diannnnn

Done! ☺

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Perfectly Said!

elvan

Quitting is a beautiful thing, it may not seem that way at the beginning but each day that you add makes you stronger and happier and also EMPOWERS you.  I DID track my cigarettes, sort of, I wrote down the reason I was smoking and tried to identify the trigger.  Once I had an idea what triggers I was dealing with, I was able to plan for them, with the exception of anger.  I had some challenges with that one.  

I am so glad that I found EX and that I stuck with my quit.

Ellen