cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

I just asking

Newbie here quit June 5 however had anyone ever had the thought during the moment of buying a pack of cigarettes and take a puff throw the pack away I have but thank God and this site and my family and the dog I didn't.Lol         

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I think most of us have heard "just one" won't hurt.   It's a lie - don't fall for it - lol

YoungAtHeart

We all probably had that thought - but once we understand that one is NEVER going to be enough, we dismiss it - just like YOU did!

(and good for you that you understand that fact!)

Nancy

shashort

Welcome to the community! Yes it is all a lie, we can't just do one. NOPE(no one puff ever) keeps me going strong! Congratulations on making the decision to quit. One day at a time. Remember come here and blog if you feel vulnerble before you smoke, we are here for you. Looking forward to following your journey.

0 Kudos
elvan

I agree with the above, I think we have all had that feeling...that temptation or we have seen an open pack of cigarettes sitting there within reach and we know we could take one without anyone noticing.  Of course we could SMOKE it without reawakening the beast of our addiction.  There is no such thing as "just one"...they travel in packs as SkyGirl‌ pointed out in a past blog.

Ready2021

I agree with what you call it The Beast FB_IMG_1478634874908.jpg so glad I had the strength not to buy any.

freeneasy

There is one and only one solution. N.O.P.E.    Not One Puff Ever.  One puff is smoking and the administration of the drug (nicotine ) to the addict. S.I.N.A.O.   Smoking is not and option. 

Iamkfaz

Congratulations on your quit.  I also quit on June 5 and have had that thought also.  Coming here in that moment is the best thing you can do.  I have come here in that moment and it is the best.  

0 Kudos
Ready2021

Hello lamkfaz we have something in common how are you doing today

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome. Glad you are here. Keep working your quit one day at a time. And yes, I've had the thought of fudging  a long time ago. Stick with your quit and keep sharing your thoughts...whatever helps!