AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quitting in 2 weeks? Yes!

Question asked by Ammar on May 17, 2017
Latest reply on May 25, 2017 by puffthemagicdragon

Hello,

I am a heavy smoker and I have already tried several times to quit smoking yet in vain. The longest non smoking period was 3 months. I should mention also that I am bipolar and on medication. Maybe that's the reason why every time I quit smoking I start to sleep really a lot! 

Anyway today I decided to quit for good on May 31st. That's in 2 weeks.

My question is how to spend the 2 weeks smoking? Smoke normally? Reduce gradually?

My psychologist advised me today to reduce cigarettes very very carefully, 1 cigarette every 2 weeks.

Currently I smoke 16 cigarettes each day. That would mean to quit  not earlier than in 32 weeks!

Honestly I don't want to wait that long. I was really confused today but I decided to reduce 1 cigarette daily till I reach 5 cigarettes and then quit. In this time I want to completely brake my triggers and habits like not smoking before 20 min after waking up, no coffee with cigarettes and so on in order to "teach" my body and soul and to prepare them for the day I quit completely.

What do you think? I am so glad If I can receive additional tips how to spend these 2 weeks.

Looking forward to your replies!

Ammar

Outcomes