cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

The Sound of Music

musical notes.jpgmusical notes 1.jpgSugar is addictive and is called by some experts in the field the second tobacco industry  it is highly addictive and is terrible for  our health I know I am addicted to it and it is now time to do something about it !

If you are new to quitting try not to substitute sugar for the smoking even artificial natural sweeteners are not that great because the brain registers the sweet taste as sugar and triggers one to crave more sugar.  ( sound familiar )

A great  and healthy source of dopamine for our brains is Music !!!!  I love music ! Maybe that is why so many of us combine music with exercise ..... a double boost of dopamine ! I love walking with my old fashioned walkman the tape player doesn't even work right anymore but the radio still works ! 

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

This takes me back to my day!

Bree19

Whoa!  Flashback!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have noticed that just one of anything sweet almost ALWAYS leads to another and maybe another --- sound familiar?

Same kind of addiction, but the associations and triggers are not as strong.  When you are laid up and bored ----- guess what sounds like a good idea?

Yep - something SUGARY!

I'm glad that something isn't a cigarette anymore, though!

Nancy

JustSharon

I'd rather not be an addict at all, but sugar vs. smoking, I'd rather have the sugar. Music sounds fantastic. I never thought of that, good advice!

0 Kudos
elvan

Music is a great tool and I must admit that my affinity for sugar is infinite!

0 Kudos
gregp136

I love music too, but at the same time, I do occasionally like sweets.  This has increased since I stopped smoking.  Not so much sweets as keeping my mouth busy. 

But it the purest sense of the word, I do not believe that Sugar is addicting.  It also has redeeming value.  I wonder if we are discounting some of the strength of nicotine addition when we compare it to sugar.

Maybe not.......I am not sure.

Greg

0 Kudos
prjimm01

I like it!  Chocolate and Country!

bonniebee

I love chocolate too and dark chocolate is good for you !  Just saying new studies are really finding many bad things about sugar  there are so many hidden sugars in the foods we are eating now and these companies do whatever it takes to cover up the dangers to our health just as the tobacco companies did .

It is not just the sugar either but these new " frankenstein foods " the GMO's which are sprayed so heavily with round up and they are ruining crops in other countries it is quite scary I feel bad for people raising children now .

It is probably not logical to cut out all sugar but I am trying to cut way back especially staying away from  processed foods  as much as possible .  Smoking is not the only evil ,what does cancer feed on ..... sugar ! So many people that know this and possibly have cancer already can not give it up   .......why ? 

0 Kudos

Why not the best of both worlds?