cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lady86

Envy

I found myself watching and envying smokers while I had quit. After completing Allen carrs easyway and understanding nicotine addiction. I now pity them and know they envy me for quitting, staying quit, and having no desire to smoke.  

5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

We have a saying here:  "It is better to me an ex-smoker who thinks about smoking every once in awhile than a smoker who thinks about quitting ALL the time."

They envy US - for, whether they know it or not, we have what they want!

We ROCK!

Nancy

Swanbird

Oh my gosh so true!

0 Kudos
elvan

Lady86‌  Before this quit, in every other quit I had, I was angry with smokers, I guess maybe I was jealous but I was REALLY angry.  This time, I never felt that, I know that they HAVE to smoke.  I don't and I am able to reclaim my life.  It's good to have choices.

Ellen

gregp136

I have recently shared my quitting with others at the office.  They all want to quit, as did I.  I do not know what the final push was for me, and I do not know what they will need.

c2q

Congratulations! You sound like a true EX! I'm glad your quit is going so well. Please post more.

Soon you will have 50 days - have your signed up for the train yet? Everyone would love to help you celebrate. You can check out more about the Freedom Train here Celebrations & Events‌ or give today's train a whirl here FREEDOM TRAIN 4/26/2017.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you around EX! Congratulations completing the champix course and getting on with your quit.