cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groups

There has been a lot of discussion lately about the new site and it's drawbacks. I just want to add that many things are better than the old site. For me, most notable is the Group Postings. When I post on a Group I'm convinced I'm not talking to myself. The Group Discussions appear where more folks can see them and then decide if they want to become a part of the Group or comment on the Discussion.

Before the move I was in around 10 Groups but wasn't much motivated to go there because folks never indicated that they even saw what was written. So the less I went the less I went! I don't have a lot of time since I work full time but I try to use my time effectively. As in all Discussions there are probably more readers than writers but we also see new members in the Groups without having to invite non-stop to make sure they know about it's existence.

So kudos to the EX Team on this aspect! Some things I miss terribly like message boards but there is generally a tradeoff with any change in Life and I believe that relationships can become established here in ways maybe different but just as effectively as the old way! Quitting Smoking has no trade offs - it's a WIN WIN all the way!

Tags (2)
4 Replies
c2q

I agree Thomas. There is a lot to like about the new platform. Kudos to becomeanex for Groups!

0 Kudos

Agreed!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear that groups are better.  When we talked to people about the community in the past there were several people who mentioned that they wanted Groups to be more like when the community launched on Ning.  I know groups are still a bit slow as of now but we're seeing that they're picking up activity.

Here are a list of groups (5-10) that have the most views so far in the last month. 

Communities and Groups by Views in last month

1Conversations
2Celebrations & Events
3Community Help
4Expert Advice
5Laughter is the Best Medicine
6Best of EX
7Celebrating Milestones
8Positive Affirmations and Support
9Daily Pledge
10COPD

Mark