cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thanks Mark

I hope this isn't the daily routine, and I'm sure you do too.  🙂

16 Replies

Ut Oh. I spoke too soon. It looks like they are back.

The unfortunate thing is, it took 5 hours to clean it up and they're back and most likely they will be back tomorrow so basically, now the site is a BRICK.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes this isn't fun but they're not really gaining anything as we're removing it all.  It's a waste of their time.

We will prevail!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

they aren't advertising so they aren't here to advertise. if they are attempting to keep us from helping people quit smoking, THEY'RE ACCOMPLISHING IT.

0 Kudos

Perhaps they're employed by big tobacco, scared of success and losing profits!

My hope is that no one gets discouraged and decides not to come back out of fear of a virus.

MePlus3

Some are advertising fake diplomas still not sure why they would bring that here. My phone translated them and alot of the have "get your fake diploma now" from this university blah blah 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Which is so frustrating! 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 wrote:

they aren't advertising so they aren't here to advertise. if they are attempting to keep us from helping people quit smoking, THEY'RE ACCOMPLISHING IT.

It is advertising. They're advertising websites, twitter/instagram accounts, Universities, etc.   Unfortunately the by-product is clogging up people getting support. They probably don't even realize what they're doing.  They've been employed by different companies to advertise and link around the web but the problem is there aren't really any links so they're not really being effective at what they're doing. And whomever is paying them is not getting what they're probably paying for.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
JustSharon

Thank you Mark for taking care of this mess. They won't deter me, I need this site and look forward to its return!

MarilynH

Thanks Mark , the Spammers may not be gaining anything and it may be a waste of their time but it looks like they have nothing better to do with their time, I just hope our new and struggling quitters don't get frustrated and leave or worse use it for an excuse to relapse so Lord willing this will get figured out because it's definitely frustrating.

0 Kudos