cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

won't be here as much anymore

I just want all of you Ex'ers to know  how much I care for you ,how much I appreciate you, and how much you have helped me for  these past 1,009 days .

I lost my nice HP laptop last week in an argument with my friend She hit it with her fist very hard 3 times and broke the screen I was so angry I dropped it on the floor because I was tempted to throw it at her . I almost smoked over it but overcame the temptation . Now I have a crappy little RCA android computer that doesn't work very well, Guess I should be grateful to have one at all .

I am not going to be here as often I can't upload much I #lost all of my graphics and pictures on my laptop as the hard drive was ruined .

The consequences of fighting are not worth it ....just like the consequences of smoking !

44 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are ways to set up a folder on your computer that syncs to the cloud.  The monthly charge for saving to the cloud is fairly nominal and they make redundant copies on multiple servers so you don't lose them.

There are tutorials on how to set it up when you replace your computer.  Did you already have your computer looked at? 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

You will be missed friend. 

bonniebee

thanks Larry i will still be around

Barbara145

Dysfunction my dear, dysfunction.  Take care of yourself.  We love you : )

bonniebee

Barbara145  thank you Barbara for the nice comment and  did i ever tell you I read the book you recommended to me about the midwife ? i really enjoyed it a very good storyline and so well written . Thanks any more recommendations ?

djmurray

So sorry to hear about your situation, Bonnie, but you did the right thing by keeping your precious quit.  I'm not around much any more either, but we know that our quits are the gift we've given ourselves.

elvan

djmurray‌ You are missed, you have a BIG anniversary coming up. Hope your sister is responding to treatment.

djmurray

I'm heading up to Pittsburgh on Sunday to spend the week with Marsha.  She has her second chemo on Monday, and she's really dreading it because the first round knocked her flat.  She's lost most of her hair so we're going to go have her head shaved on Sunday afternoon.  I offered to have mine shaved as well, but she won't hear of it.  At least I'll be able to be there for the better part of a week. I am so sad about this.

elvan

djmurray‌ I am so sorry for BOTH of you.  To go through this with a sister has to be incredibly difficult.  Pray that the second round won't be as bad as the first.  I will be thinking of you, sending love and prayers.

Ellen

Giulia

The two of you need to go out and get a FABULOUS wig for her!  There are many inexpensive wig shops around.  Or Getting a Free Wig: American Cancer Society Wigs | Headcovers   You are blessing for her to come and spend a week there.  I hope it goes well and brings you even closer together, Donna.   djmurray