cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ampan75

what makes you stronger

I read a proverb. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Does it goes with craves as well. people who have been smoke free for more than a year. how they feel , are they stronger than before and better in life situations. as they don't run up to cigarette to handle. Dies craves come to make us stronger in life. is it Gods will. give your opinion.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Giulia

Well, it sure as heck doesn't make you weaker!  Overcoming cravings teaches us about self discipline.  Self discipline strengthens us by teaching us that we CAN withstand temptations.  And what is a craving but a temptation.  Self discipline teaches us about perseverance, about reaching long-term goals.  And overcoming cravings teaches us about self control.  That's why the quitting journey is so empowering.  For when you grasp that YOU are in control - of your behavior, of your attitude - you are no longer a victim of the addiction and your slavery to it is over.  And that strength naturally crosses over into the rest of your life.  When you conquer this monster, you realize you can conquer anything.  

And another thought, there is much strength to be had in accepting the journey - 'no matter what.'  This is a personal agreement with that "best part of yourself."  That commitment does not deplete, rather it nourishes self worth and self love.

JACKIE1-25-15

Each time you say NOPE not one puff ever no matter what you become STRONGER. 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Does God test us with craves? Did I read your thought or question right? If so, I'd say no. A crave, as far as I know, is either withdrawal at work or addiction-- as a whole problem.  Memory of smoking lasts a while, even though craves or urges grow weaker--memory takes a little longer. 

The  more you face your life 24/7 without going back to a cigarette, the more you and your brain get used to not smoking--not smoking becomes the habit--normal. Giving it time is the right medicine for a lot of  quitters.

Calling on your higher power for courage---can't go wrong with that, can you?

Mandolinrain

The stronger I walk my faith and put my trust in Christ and allow HIm to direct my faith the less I struggle with everything. I personally believe God gave us choices to make. It’s up to us to choose. We live and walk among good and evil. The better ai am prepared spiritually the better choices I make. The more I educate myself about things that harm me, such as smoking...the better choices ai make.

For me, it has been about desernment, understanding and making the best choice. Prayers got me going in the right direction. This site was an answer to prayer. That’s just me.

elvan

Every crave that passed, I felt stronger and now the craves are just memories and not craves...I feel stronger in every way and I am not unique.  I smoked for 47 years and this January, thanks to this site and my commitment to stop killing myself, I will have four years of freedom!  That's the longest I have been smoke free since I started smoking.  Stay close to the site, make your quit your number one priority.

Happy New Year.

Ellen

0 Kudos