cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

what I meant to say........

Don't let your addiction to smoking change your mind. The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was fear. I see people setting their quit date for weeks in advance. The longer you wait, the weaker your motivation to quit gets. Do it asap. This is an addiction that tells us we don't have one. The fear to quit is certainly there, but don't let it stop you from having a better life of being smoke-free.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
angelia.w

That's what I really like about the chantix program, the 8th day after you start the medication is your quit date. and the "Get Quit" Program makes YOU accountable for your actions.

Free and Healing for One Month, Ten Days, 21 Hours and 48 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 20 Hours, by avoiding the use of 818 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $163.91.
0 Kudos

Hi Linda Mc, Thanks for your response. It is encouraging to hear that the patches helped you so much. And a big thank you for the time and amount information. I am still looking for a class, the ones available cost too much for me. After reading some of your reply's, I think we have lots in common. I'm new on here and not sure how to add you as a friend, but I will try. Thanks again, and talk to you later.
0 Kudos
edith2

Thank you so much Linda!
0 Kudos