cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

imthequitter

use worry stones

I have 10 "worry stones" I'll use for quitting.  It was suggested to me some time ago.  They are small oval shaped smooth flat stones that have a groove for your thumb.  I have 10 because a) I'll lose or misplace from time to time and

b) They came in a 10 pack from amazon.  Just a suggestion.  I'm promised it works.  I just haven't wanted to quit badly enough to try any suggestions- till now!  Good luck to all.  Smoking bites.

Tags (1)
17 Replies
Beck37

So glad you took the first week off, I did also and it helped immensely. You are probably concerned of how you will cool down after dealing with a particularly difficult person and let me tell you it will be a non issue. It is weird cause people are just as mean but I’ve been just fine without having a smoke afterwards. I am now at 5 months quit and though it took a bit I do not miss it at all. 

You can so do this! Keep out of your head.... don’t give cigarettes any power over you. If they were capable of solving problems I’m pretty sure it would be blasted all over the news!!!!

Beck

imthequitter

Haha! National News announces “world peace if we all smoke... “ I’ll use

your reminder Beck- thanks!!!

Too funny, and great help.

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:09 AM Beck37 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

elvan

Welcome to EX, I have some smooth glass discs that I got from Giulia‌ and I carry them with me.  I think it's great that you are taking that first week off.  I was really sick when I quit so when I returned to work, I had been quit for just over a week and I was downright "high" on being free.

Ellen

Giulia

You're so sweet, Ellen.  I was hoping people would use those "gems" for that very purpose.  There's something soothing holding them between your fingers, just like the worry stone this bog author suggested.  ♥

elvan

Giulia‌ I use them, believe me, now I have TWO so I can keep one next to the bed and one in my purse.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mwaaa.  

imthequitter

I have 11 worry stones... bought one in Ireland and Amazon has a “10 pack.” They’re all over, and let me tell you, they help!