cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brian90

time to Qiut

I have had enough need to quit smoking for my health and daughter's. NEED HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
90 Replies
elma

Hello my name is e Elma I have smoked for 33 years I need to quit I have copd I have set my day to quit  is may 1

0 Kudos
mandy1109

Hi my name is Mandy. Im currently 24 have been smoking since i was 12 years old. I come from a family who is hard smokers. When im around them  I feel like im obligated to go and have a cigarette with my parents. I have tried to quit. I quit back in 2011 and started back up in 2012 due to stress at home and school. I  by Text-Enhance">WANT to stop smoking so that i can start breathing right again and start going to the gym and bettering myself. I have a great support system at home and work. I have set my quit date to July 20th. 

0 Kudos
tlholder

Hi, my name is terri, I have been smoking for 35 yrs and am so ready to quit. Every time I have set a time to quit I haven't been able to get past a couple of hrs. I'm to the point of well beyond anger when it comes to smoking. I'm praying that comming to this site helps, I know will power has a lot to do with it and that is where i believe i need to start. Wish me luck I'm going to need it. my quit date is june 12th

0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Maddy and I have been smoking for going on 10 years. I started when I was 12 and I feel as if this time I really can quit. My fiance can't afford it and neither can I ith the money I earn from doing odd jobs.

0 Kudos
cywoods

I'm a newbie day one. Wish me luck I have to beat this...

0 Kudos
kimann3

Hello! My name is Kim, and I have been smoking for almost 10 years... ick! I want to quit smoking because I know how unhealthy it is for me, my kids, and how expensive it can be. I am taking on a lot right now because a major reason why I smoke is because I am also dealing with an eating disorder. Smoking has been my go to every time there was a meal to be eaten or a discussion about my health. I am ready to kick this habit as well as getting healthy with my ED. I want to do this more then anything. I am also an Exercise Science and Fitness management student and I know that in order to teach people how to live a healthy life, I have to live a healthy life. It is frustrating to me that I can't run anymore because I can't breathe or play with my kids like I used to because everything takes energy and I just don't have the energy anymore. I am hoping to find support and have a plan set out that I am going to stick to! Good luck to everyone and lets start a new lifestyle of being healthy tabacco free!

0 Kudos
terryjane

kimann, good luck to you.  You have every good reason to smoke and no good reasons to continue other than addiction and a habit that works against you.  I'm rooting for you!!

You're right about your career -- you can't very well encourage and set an example for your clients if you're still smoking.  Lack of energy is a problem for me also, and being a widow, that means all the heavy work is now mine.  Keep me in your thoughts too, please.   Thanks! 

0 Kudos
coco123

I have not been a big smoker in my life time.. Quit  when I was 19 years old  and would have a cigarette maybe once a year!  Three years ago I started smoking due to stress  and loneliness!  Help I am quitting tomorrow!!!!  I know I can do it!  

Joan

0 Kudos
legger

Terri,

Two more days and you will be a non-smoker. Get rid of all cigarettes, lighters and ashtrays. You can do this!!!!! If you need to make it this time perhaps you should consider using the patch for a while. You will still be getting some nicotene, but there will be no more poisons in your body and it will give you a chance to be successful this time. You can do it!!!!!! Legger

0 Kudos
britt92

Hi, my name is Brittany.

I'm 21 and have been around cigarettes my whole life, but i finally picked one up around 14....I found this website 2 days after i decided to quit cold turkey. Once I found this website I then realized i was doing this all wrong. I still haven't had one in 5 days. I'm trying to stay strong even though my significant other is a smoker. BUT my biggest problem is that my boyfriend's much younger  11 year old brother, who likes to test my patience...ALOT.  I have found myself trying to aviod going into the same parts of the house that he's on just so I can somewhat retain my sanity. I really don't wanna rip the kid's head off either haha.....but really, I NEED ADVICE!!!! please?

0 Kudos