cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brian90

time to Qiut

I have had enough need to quit smoking for my health and daughter's. NEED HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
90 Replies
katheen

hi everyone my name is kathleen and i'll be quitting on april 8th which is my son's birthday what a better gift to give him. i want a partner to help me through this process. that i thank would help me out allot.

kathleen

0 Kudos
sheriberri

Hi, my name is Sheri. Today was the day I had picked to quit smoking. I am 15 weeks pregnant now, and REALLY am struggling with quitting. I have unfortunately already had 5 cigs today 😞 . It's hard because my husband still smokes. He supports me in quitting and encourages me to use the nicotine gum, which I used yesterday and went 13 hours without a cig. I am just really struggling this morning, for a few reasons...I am feeling stressed and emotional from the pregnancy this morning, and adding to the emotions, my dad & stepmom who have been visiting this week from NYS (I live in OH) are leaving to go home today. I don't get to see my dad very often, and so I am already missing him & he hasn't even left yet. So the stress of the pregnancy, having a 2 1/2 yr old little girl and the emotions related to my dad leaving is causing me to feel very overwhelmed. This is why I am struggling to quit. I also didn't sleep well last night. And cigs have been a way I have used to cope with these things, unhealthy way though. I not only feel like crap mentally for caving in & smoking today, the cig smoke after not smoking all day yesterday has me feeling physically drained and just overall yucky. And I can't stand the taste of the cig. I have other healthy ways of coping I've developed, but the routine of just automatically turning to a cig in times of stress first I'm finding is EXTREMELY hard to break. And I think that is my main challenge right now, as yesterday I found the nicotine gum DOES do a good job of cutting the edge of the nicotine addiction craving. So if I can just overcome the challenge of the routine/habit of turning to a cig to cope, I think I will succeed. Going to take my shower & brush my teeth in a bit and try to just kind of start my day over in a way, choosing to use the nicotine gum (and regular gum in between times of using that) along with choosing to use my healthy coping skills to deal w/ stressors. I could really use some support today, feel free to msg me to check up on me if you want. Thank you so much for reading this & listening everyone!
0 Kudos
mrs.shamblin

Hi my name is Jamie,  i have had the desire to quit for about 6 months to a year now. I have been smoking off and on since i was 11 years old.  I am now 35 with 3 kids and need to be a better example to my children. I really dont smoke alot everyday, i find myself smoking maybe 10 or less. But it is hard when my husband also smokes, and i do restrict myself from smoking before or after a certain time of the day.  I guess I just need support to keep on track with my goal. So I am here to look for support and support others on this journey we all have in common.

0 Kudos

My name is Angel.  I have been smoking pretty much since I was 15 years old.  I am 25 years old now, I am a mother of two wonderful children and I am engaged to a wonderful man.  I really want to quit smoking (even have attempted too cold turkey) but nothing has worked and I really don't want to have to spend loads of money on patches and etc.  My support system is very small.  My two children are my support to quit smoking.  They look up to me and want me to quit smoking.  I want to quit for them and for myself.  My little family and I stay with my fiance's parents.  It's not easy trying to quit because him and his mother are also smokers.  His sister, who often visits, is a smoker as well.  My friends are all smokers too.  So you can see my delimma.  Majority of the people I work with smoke also.  I need more support in my struggle to quit.  Especially since my fiance and his mother are not ready to quit.  What should I do?

0 Kudos
fresh3

Hi, Angel.  I'm really glad you're here.  I'm on Day 6 of my Quit and I dropped by here looking for a little support myself.  I'll be glad to team up with you.

There's no reason you have to use nicotine replacements.  Lots of people Quit without those.  I use the gum and it's helpiing me when I get the serious fidgets.  The thing about the cost is -- a carton of cigarettes was costing me $60.00.  So I figure the cost of the gum is a pretty good deal.  🙂

If you want support and to make connections with other Quitters, Use the blue tab at the top of this page that says "Blogs."  That's where people hang out.  I hope I see you there.

0 Kudos
mystirtn

Hi I am Colinda and I enjoy smoking myself.  And I hate that I enjoy it, but I have found that I want to enjoy myself more than I want to enjoy smoking so it is just about time.  I have set my quit date as Sept 1, 2012.  I have a feeling with the support of this group I have found it may actually be sooner than that.  I have been on this page less than 24 hrs and so far have felt very welcomed and supported. I am ready to stop smoking for ME.  My kids have always wanted me to stop and I want to stop for them, but the will power just hasn't been there.  I think with the support of this page and my family I will be a reformed smoker soon.  Thank you everyone. 

Laters

Colinda 

0 Kudos
iamcraigz

I just quit smoking last Monday the 9th of July, I'm 32 married from Maryland,I do have OCD which makes things harder cause I constantly think of a ciggarete, my wife also has OCD I'm just looking for some help when times get tough I alomst slipped up today when my wife called from work and told me she couldnt take it anymore everyone around her smelled like smoke and she was at work and very stressed we have kinda joked that if the other person smokes than whoever doesnt willl start again, but I guess it's not really a joke, it has helped us in some way because we are both very hard headed and don't want to be the first to give in, I'm using a nicotine patch sometimes of day I barely think of smoking and other I feel like I can't stop, I feel like if I mess up everyone is going to be mad at me, I"m really suprised that I have lasted this long well thats really all, oh yea I also wanted to tell epeopl who may not know walmart has a generic patch made by equate that works pretty good sometimes the patch falls off so I just use Athletic tape to keep it on. Well anyway wanted to say I think this page is a great idea and if anyone would like to send me a friend request or group it would be very usefull for me thanks and stay strong

0 Kudos
leroyldnl2

Hi,

I've used Nicoderm patches and they worked, I stopped for two months  and started again, get the patch also at Puritan vitamins they have a product called Dopapure Mucuna Pruriens it curbs the urge to smoke, I've used zinc caplets with some success.

I want to enjoy what I had when I didn't smoke for those two months, I'm setting a quit date for 10/31/2012.

Good luck to everyone, you can beat this

0 Kudos
jacky8

Hello, my name is Jackie, I'm 38 and have been smoking for 16 years and I am ready to quit.  The problem is, I am addicted to them and I'm scared that I won't be successful at it.  Sadly, They have been my solution to all problems.  What's the best solution other than Chantix or cold turkey?

0 Kudos
sarahbeth2

My name is Sarah and I am a newbie quitter again. So far i am doing pretty well at 4 dyas and it has been very difficult but I am slowly making it. I have lost 3 of my grandparents to COP/Emphazema and I do not want to end up like them. I want to be around for my children to grow up!! It is about time......and so i don't have to listen to my mother beg me to quit. I have little to no will power so this site is useful to me to give the confidence to do so. Thank you!

0 Kudos