cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

msparrow

three weeks in!

It's been about 3 weeks since i quit all forms of nicotine. I quit because i am joining the airforce as an officer, and trying out to be a fighter pilot. It's something i've really wanted to do since i was a little kid so it makes it easier to give up nicotine. I've tried quitting before but it didn't turn out so good, all though i only smoked for 2 years, on the third year i quit smoking and switched to the e-cig, which was by far alot better, and it seems that it made it much easier to quit since the e-cig only contained nicotine and no other hazardous chemicals. I officially quit on tuesday july 19, 2011, and haven't touched anything with nicotine since then! I still feel a bit irritated and anxious about it, i even went to the doctor to get my self checked out, turns out i was perfectly healthy and i was just freaking out because of the nicotine withdrawal lol. Also i'm not that religious but i found that praying really helped me alot, especially during the first hellish 3 days; i even feel alot closer to God. So i suggest if you wanna quit then using the e-cig works alot better than the gum, i guess use it for a month or so then start cutting down with the nicotine strengths. I also find that playing video games, and i mean ALOT of video games helps ease the symptoms, o ya and lets not forget exercising (really gets rid of the anxiety). Anyways, i'm pretty confident that if i can make it 3 weeks without nicotine i sure as hell can make it the entire 8-12 weeks! Anyways, Anyone else struggling with this terrible addiction and need someone to talk to feel free to message me, and remember, you're not alone!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Francis

Awesome to hear! 🙂 3 weeks! Congrats!::):):) best of luck in all you're doing! Let us know how youre doing!

🙂

0 Kudos
msparrow

thanks 😃

0 Kudos