cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

luvdogs51

start of the first day quit

my computer keeps crashing so i won't have the access to this site like i need to but that won't be an excuse.still,it will be harder as i live alone & need a support system.i have friends but they have families,work,etc. i want a cig,but i want to breathe too...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kmaunz

hang in there, today is my frist day too, this sucks but you can do it!!

0 Kudos
sconst

Day one. It is still early in the morning, but all things are going well so far. My kids have even annoyed me a couple of times and yet no urges. However, I am prepared cause I know that the urges are coming. Happy New Year everyone!

0 Kudos
jaysonswanson

I am doing it by leaving all the same places that I used to go and not going there.  Also I have not let any of the things that used to bother me get to me.  It is not easy but I have to do it.

0 Kudos
luvdogs51

blew it already but back on the wagon

0 Kudos
stacy23

16 1/2 hours and going strong...found myself getting annoyed, but fortunately was aware of it and just took some deep breaths to get past it.  So far the urges haven't been too bad, but I know as soon as I get home back from work into the environment, and when I would smoke regularly, they will be a little more difficult...but I have some munchies to eat to get thru them...we shall see!!!  Nothing positive about smoking whatsoever!!!  Gotta do this for me and my toddler son!!!

0 Kudos
jimtown

I am getting the creepies........Day 1.......... Like those little monsters in the movie "Ghost" .    How evil this #@$ is.  I have been watching anti smoking videos on You Tube.  Leaning to breath my way through..... Funny how powerful a litttle paper tube filled with dried leaves is, huh?    Good luck and just dont take the next puff.....  Jim

0 Kudos
jimtown

Sorry, LEARNING to breathe.....  maybe leaning too

0 Kudos
exin2010-2

Hi lovesdogs51, I love dogs too 🙂

And this year we all learn how to love ourselves too!  Hope your computer behaves so you can take advantage of all the support this site has to offer.  There are great tips and articles in the EX Plan section, read everything so you will be empowered to face your challenge on or off the computer!

Best to you in 2010!

0 Kudos
luvdogs51

thanks--i'm down to smoking butts--once they're gone,not buying any.i'm ashamed of myself,god !!

0 Kudos