cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

so how do you ?

After reading several articles here as well as other quit sites I am concerned for others whom over use NRT or unreliable quit sources.   My thoughts are they are replacing smoking with something that is either unproven, unreliable  or just a plain sham.  So how can I respectfully and kindly inform them of what I know so it does not tear down their hope, but causes a new addition or just a waste of time and money, without being over bearing. 

10 Replies
IrishRose

Honesty is the best policy.  After that, people can take what they need and leave the rest.  You can only inform people of the fact they are replacing one bad habit for another.  Common sense will tell you that vaping is bad for you, due to the mere fact that you need to use a heat source that goes straight to your lungs to make the thing work. 

It is very sad how people can be so cold as to enjoy making money when it requires them to destroy the lives of others.  I see an NRT as just another bad drug to become addicted to.  Vaping, especially, is a perfect example.

Irish Rose