cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda29

slipped up

Today was my quit day but I slipped and had a smoke. A BIG mistake. I have to try a little harder to stay quit. Sometimes i guess I just don't have the willpower. Why am I so weak when it comes to cigs??? Anyone who can help, I could use some right now. Tomorrow is another day.......................
Tags (1)
17 Replies
brenda29

Hey Christie. Thanks for the reply. I know I can't give up, I have to do it this time. I'm going to check out your books. They look really good.I visited your website. Thanks for beleiving in me. I do appreciate your support. I guess we do need each other's support to get thru this. zgood luck to u. Keep in touch. Brenda
0 Kudos
sarah49

This may be easier said than done, but get rid of the cigs you DO have, so you won't be so easily tempted. I'm the type where, if they're around, I smoke them. So by eliminationt the temptation, I don't smoke. (Doesnt mean I don't have urges, don't get me wrong.) Try chewing on some sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or eating peanuts, or pistachios....they take some work to eat and keep hands and mouth busy. Or sugar free hard candy, or gum or something. Things work differently for everyone, so just keep your ears open for everyone's suggestions. I would definitely say do something active too, work out or whatever to get your heart pumping....because trust me, you surely won't want a cigarette if you're already huffing and puffing and out of breath! LOL
brenda29

thanks Sarah, I will keep trying and im gettting rid of everything that reminds me of those terrible cigs. Cleaning my house tonite. again thanks
0 Kudos
Ida

Hi Brenda,

I have tried quitting in the past with no help. So this time I am giving the patch a chance it does make the urges easier to deal with and keep your hands busy like the other ladys said try nuts any kind of gum etc. and keep talking to people who understand that helps a lot.

Good Luck

DONT GIVE UP!
Ida
erin16

Today was my quit day too. Its been so hard not to slip. But if it was just one...make it your last. Think the sooner you smoke that last one the sooner the cravings stop. Its not easy. Its not going to be easy. But we are all in this together.
0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Brenda, have you tried any of the reading material that was offered up

when you first got to this site?  I am finding Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Quit

a very huge eye opener.  You can do this. 

Sandy

elvan

Great response, Sandy, you are already reaching out and that will make YOU stronger as well.  This blog is 9 years old but we can all hope that Brenda is smoke free, I don't recognize the name.

Ellen

MarilynH

Please read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, Quitting smoking is definitely difficult to say the least but it's absolutely Doable and so very worth it all to be FREE, you need to say I can quit and believe it, be willing, determined and totally committed to succeed and you can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time or one minute or even one second at a time, stick with N.O.P.E  - Not One Puff Ever because applied on a daily basis gives you a beautiful smoke free life. 

JACKIE1-25-15

Blog from 2008 Hope brenda29 is smoke free. 

0 Kudos