cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

miri

second day .....

any advice?

I feel dizzy - nervous, hungry, my head is strange..................it's so so hard - for how long will I feel like this?

Tags (1)
15 Replies

Wow! SECOND DAY!!!

That's great! Now you have something to build on. I found when I quit that the first days are the hardest. This is when it's most important to build the resolve that can carry you on and into the days of freedom that await you. Never give up! You've already had several monumental achievements in the first days. The first is that you've taken that first step. You've decided to move into a new world that can be nothing but wonderful if you can just get past those first days.

And more importantly, you have a day under your belt, and you've started on another. There's so much peace ahead of you! There's a world that is so bright and free. Just concentrate on that. Visualize yourself as a non smoker. See yourself happily doing your favorite tasks without wondering about that next cigarette and before long, you'll be on the other side looking back and thinking, "Well that was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be."

Your future awaits you. It's up to you right now to decide how that future will look. You really can do this!!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

diamond01

Great job, I am 51 days as a non smoker, the fog will lift, just don't let your mind talk you into having one, because it will try to break you, I know that sounds funny, but one puff is all it takes, fight, for your quit it does get easier, and stay on this site, that is how I have made it. Helen.

MarilynH

Great advice above me, read the links and stay close to this site, keep your mind as well as your hands and keep moving forward and stacking up your precious smoke free days, you can and will be successful one precious day at a time.miri

Strudel

Welcome to the site! Congrats on deciding to quit! You are in the right place for support - for sure! Be sure to check out the Carr book Nancy mentioned - and stick around! 

TerrieQuit

Welcome, Miri, Congratulations on quitting smoking! I am glad you are here we have a Daily Pledge‌ group @https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/celebrations-events/blog/2017/02/01/the-daily-pledge-fe... It's a very helpful group where you can come and take the hand of other quitters and pledge to stay strong and committed to your quit!

The feelings you are having are par for the course in a brand new quit! It will get better, give it time. Stay close and stay involved here, It really does help! Please keep reading and blogging!   ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
freeneasy

It will get better, stick close to this place and believe in yourself. You are doing the best possible thing for yourself. It's uncomfortable now but just try to stay positive. You're getting past the addiction now and you can do it