cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carlie

"Re-Learn Live Without Cigarettes"...PERIOD !!!!!

Hello newcommers...this line is printed on a banner on the top of the page. That's what this site is designed to do....re-learn life WITHOUT cigarettes. If you smoke anything else...it is not our concern...it is NONE of our business.
There will be people here who give you a "canned welcome" to this site, and express how smoking is smoking...this person even knows of people who smoke banana peels...and does not approve ot THAT either !!!

There is much support, strength and friendship here on the EX site, to help you quit the nicotine addiction.We CAN help you, if you let us !!!

Good luck !!!
0 Kudos
69 Replies
barbara42

HI SHARON,
I started with CHANTIX also, stayed on it for 32 days, have been quit smoking for 86 days and I know you can do it. peace!
0 Kudos
sharon5

Hi Connie, well you are basically a neighbor, we go to ontario alot, live in the out skirts of Buffalo. Tomorrow I see the doctor for a script for chantrix so maybe it won't take until the 22nd for me. Here's hoping.
0 Kudos
sharon5

Hi Jennie, nice to meet you too,. I have met so many wonderful people on this site, how can I possibly not beat this addiction.
0 Kudos
sharon5

Hi Barbara, thanks for the vote of confidence as well as the support, I have heard from alot of people that chantrix has helped them, and I hope it will help me too. Have a great day and may the sun always shine bright upon you. Congradulations on your 86 days!!! Good for you. This is me patting you on the back, virtually of course. lol
0 Kudos
sharon5

Hi Becky, nice to hear from you again, everybody on this site has been so kind and supportive. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to get script for chantrix. I have heard so many good things about it, I hope it helps me as well. I am determined to make my life "smokefree" no matter what it takes. As you said I need to keep saying Smoking is not an option. Sickerettes are out, Liberation is in.
0 Kudos
sharon5

Aloha to you too, a positive attitude is a definite plus and I am trying very hard to stay positive. Tomorrow I see doctor for the script for chantrix and then the real fun begins. But I am stronger than any sickerette out there, right?
0 Kudos
john-h

Hothula is SOOO Right. And she's a great support! : ) Her words have helped me make it to day 12!
0 Kudos
kyle-henson

Every day it gets a little easier to approach my quit date
I am actually anxious and looking forward to the day.
The only thing I am worried about is reaching my quit date and feeling like a fish stuck out of water.
There is a big difference from cutting from 20 to 3 cigarettes a day, but cutting from 3 to 0 a day sounds a hell of a lot harder.
I still have untill October 15th tho.
0 Kudos
sharon5

Hi Kyle, I can relate to how you are feeling, I am there also, haven't reached my quit date either, but all we can do is take one day at a time right, and there is no way you can possibly be a fish out of water with all the wonderful people and the support they are offering on here, we will never be alone. Reach out if you need to, it's amazing the people and strength that will pull you in on this site, good luck to you,.
0 Kudos
Abby3

I just wanted to chime in and agree with Karen. 🙂 And holler a YOU CAN DO IT!!!

0 Kudos