Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

judsy

quit day April 1st,

any help or discussions welcome!!!!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
moni7

Just know you CAN do it. I'm only 7 days in but that is 7 fewer days of smoking than I had last week, so I'll take it. Good luck to you. 

0 Kudos
judsy

great I hope to be able say that April 1st. getting a little nervous and  anxious! readiny the book make it sound easy hope so. You are doig great keep it up! Thanks Moni

0 Kudos
moni7

You CAN do it. Take it one day at a time. Just try on the 1st. Just do it. You owe it to yourself to TRY. There are lots of folks around here who surely have better advice than a short-timer like me, so look to them. They know what they are talking about.

I can tell you that I have now made it 8 days, and it actually has not been nearly as bad as I had feared. I know in some ways it will get harder and in some ways it will get easier as time passes. But just being able to BREATHE better, wow. After only 8 days I already feel better.  I've tried to be out of the house and away from my usual smoking nest and I think that has helped.

In the words of Pink: you've gotta get up and TRY and TRY and TRY!

0 Kudos

April 1st is my quit day too. I'm finding myself smoking more cause I'm so nervous about quitting. But I think I'm more prepared than I have been in the past.
0 Kudos
babygirl93086

April 1st is my quit day also!!! So may find it funny that I have picked April Fools Day to be my quit date. But the real reason is April 1st to September 30th is right on the 6 month mark and my birthday is September 30th so hoping to say I have been smoke free for 6 months on my birthday. Tomorrow is the big day!!! Good luck to all you trying it tomorrow too!!! We can all be here for one another! 😄

0 Kudos
judsy

Thanks guys!! I am going to do this! Nothing to lose everything to gain. I will keep you all posted. Afted a get a few days in I am sure I will be more confident and have less fear. 

0 Kudos
exsmokermom

Sorry I missed your post. My quit date was also 4/1. My 1st day here, I was told to blog or you might not get a response. Congratulations on your quit.

0 Kudos
judsy

I was in hospital April 1st, till Apri; 4th which is today with Bronchitis as of today no smoking.  But the urge is really hingh but hsnging in there.

0 Kudos