cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lynne-welke

quit date

Have any of you taken the quiz and were told your not ready to set a quit date yet?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
loraine2

yes,I tried to in the beginning and it told me that same thing,and now,I can't seem to get back to it,so I can try again.
0 Kudos
Giulia

No I never took the quiz. I quit long before I got on this site. But from your question and being a long term quitter, my guess is you're looking for excuses NOT to quit. One is never ready to quit. One just has to. You can set a quit date for any time in the future, and you can bet there will ALWAYS be SOMETHING that comes up emotionally that will challenge you. When you make up your mind to quit, nothing else will stand in your way. You need to get to that place in your head. The place of "no excuse" will make you smoke. None whatsoever.
0 Kudos
lynne-welke

Hi
Yep-u are so right. Love how you are supporting me and others.
0 Kudos
Giulia

I got support when I needed it. And supporting back is also a way of self support. It's a two-way street. Eventually I'll burn out or get a life, but in the meantime....if my experience can help another....

What we all really want on here is to save lives. Either our own or others. Because we've seen or experienced the cost. And to imagine that you might actually make a difference in someone's life? Wow. That's worth the price of admission.

Every positive you put out echoes back to you.
0 Kudos

Lynne,
I got that message too! Its telling me I have not practiced seperating my triggers yet, they want you to practice for a week or so. I am about three days in, and am still smoking 1 or 2 a day but set my quit date....GOOD LUCK
0 Kudos
craig6

This is somewhat irrelevant to what this forum is most likely used for, but I'm in the process of quitting (just learned of this site last night and I'm going to start trying now). I'm editing my profile on becomeanex and everything - watched all of the videos, read everything... Problem arises when I try to set a quit date or edit my profile (it only says I'm 11% completed) and the page to the right reads "undefined" but there is no where for me to set a quit date...
Any suggestions on why this may be happening?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
edith2

You're the second person I've seen who has had a problem with this. The administrators are making some changes on the site and they wanted me to tell everyone to be patient and that soon these problems will be gone. It's not you or your computer.
0 Kudos
craig6

Thanks Edith! If I need to do something for this, please let me know!
Starting today, I've began tracking my cigarettes and I've set a quit date for Dec 1 (Just after Thanksgiving)!
I'm very excited.. The one thing I notice in my first day of just tracking my smoking (and smoking like I normally would) is seeing the amount I smoke! I always knew I smoked a lot (about a pack a day) but, never saw the times written down on paper - it's almost ridiculous that I do it so often! I think this is going to be the start of something great for me - I hope so at least!!!
0 Kudos
mlynne

Hi Guilia, Edith, Heather Anne and Craig.....I'm sort of a long-termer (4 1/2 months ...yay!) but I'm also getting that same "11% Complete" and Profile "Undefined" on the other part of the site. I hope I'll be able to log on, save my page, and other stuff when the change-over is done.

PS: Do you know of anyone who ever used the Panic Button, if so, what actually happened? I've never had to use it, thank goodness.
0 Kudos