cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jkjunell1783

one step at a time

I haven't set a quit day, but I'm trying to make up my mind on what to use to help with the cravings.  Does anyone know if inhalers, nose spray or meds is covered by insurance?  What about cinnamon toothpicks do they really work?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
minihorses

The gum and the lozenges tasted like chewing large black peppercorns to me.  I also hate the taste of anise so it might have had some of that in them as well. They hadn't come out with the orange or whatever flavors you can get them in these days.  Everyone's taste buds are different.  I have a friend that had no problem with the way the gum or lozenges tasted, no flavors for her either.  If you think about the cost of smokes vs. NRT how much difference might there be? Each state has different prices for both cigs and NRT so I don't know if it would cost more, less or approx. the same.  Here it cost a lot less for a month of NRT vs. a month of smokes. It's worth figuring out at least. 

anaussiemom

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0 Kudos
Barb102

Hi Kim. My doc told me to get the 2mg mini losenges. They are the size of a tic tac. Look the same too. The dissolve really fast kind of like a peppermint. He said to use them at the start with patch. Then only if bad craving 

they help me most times. They are not cheap but you get 3 bottles and I still have 2 left

Barb

missellen

Sometimes, depending on one's insurance, they can get the patches cheaper with a prescription versus buying them OTC.

minihorses

I've never heard of a cinnamon toothpick but I do know that regular cinnamon sticks from the baking aisle help a lot.  I've used them. You can suck on them, play 'cigarette' with them like you would do with a straw, break pieces off and chew them or you can put ground cinnamon in recipes. In my house cinnamon is its' own food group so it goes in almost everything; vegetables, baking, on fruit, in and on homemade bread, coffee, even meat depending on what and how I'm cooking it.  So far the only thing I have yet to figure out is how to get eggs to taste right and how to get it balanced with other seasonings in beef that isn't boiled (works great in stew, etc).  It is known to be a healthy spice and it's cheap so it's worth a try!  Hope this helps.

Julie

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

They had them when I was very young.  Didn't know they still made them.  hmmm

0 Kudos