cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lilboxx

new to the site

hello my name is nick i started smoking 13 years ago and i tried quitting last year that lasted for about 2 months and out of no where with out thinking i just started again it was a very big dissappointment to myself and after i started again i smoke more now then i did before i really want to quit and am doing whatever it takes to quit i want to live long enough to see my grand children and watch my daughter grow up just wanted to introduce myself 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hattie

Welcome Aboard!

If you really want to quit, this is the place to do it.

I'd been smoking over 30 years and then found this site. I'm now at 85 days and feeling good. I did not really think I could quit even though I really wanted to.

But, this site   walked me through the paces and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

Follow the trail that's been laid out for you; chart your smokes and figure out those triggers, because that is really the ticket! Learn to live without the dang things! It is a new life and a bit of a different life, but it's a really good life without smokes.

Blog, hang out and visit a lot, because it will help you out.

0 Kudos
lisa-m2

Hi my name is Lisa and I have recently joined the group but had made a date to quit before joining.  I feel like I have the tools needed to quit, just a little scared I have never  tried to quit before.  What I have read and heard so far is very encouraging I really want to make this quitting smoking work!

0 Kudos
carolyn59

Hello, I am  Carolyn. I  have been smoking for 40 years and it is time to quit.  My body told me so. I know that this time will be a success because after not smoking a cigarette for 1 week, all the aches and pains that I thought were from aging and arthritis, I found it was from smoking..  Started smoking in Basic Training, because they had smoke breaks.  I didn't smoke and everybody else did.  So I went to the commissary and bought me a 35 cents pack of Salem's.  I just happpened upon this site when I was goggling  what effect cigarette smoking had on your bones.  I am glad I found this site.

0 Kudos