cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tammyzhere

my last nerve

I'm getting ready to go off on my adult daughter.... 

well it's not a new feeling
it's been an ongoing thing that I have successfully stuffed for many years
but now that I'm not smoking - I'm like ok phuck all that
phuck him and phuck her and both of them can phuck the phuck off
every phucking time I talk to her - she mentions him (my ex - her dad)
the past 10 outta 10 times - I haven't said anything
but now I'm just DONE
cuz it's ok that she wants to have a relationship with him
what is not ok is that she consistently has to tell me about it

every phucking time I talk to her - EV#E#RY time !!!!!

when I have specifically said I do not wanna hear about it
she is not stupid - she knows it bothers the phuck outta me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Bree19

Tammyzhere

LOVE the restraint you employed there writing your post.  L.O.L.

Not laughing at you - just commiserating with you but it was priceless.

Thanks for sharing with us rather than lighting up.

Also thanks for expressing a lot of emotions some of us also feel but don't always share so eloquently. 

Bree x x x 

freeneasy

Wow, (chuckle) I'm You are very spirited woman! (understatement) .  You're kicking butt with your quit too. Good job!

MarilynH

I can relate to your blog too about an Ex husband and grown children especially my daughter mentioning her father just about everytime we talk most days it doesn't bother me at all but early in my quit it bothered me, everything bothered me. Great venting blog I loved it, deep breaths and keep stacking up your glorious DOF.

JACKIE1-25-15

I did a lot of deep breathing when I first quit.  I knew anger was a trigger for me.  Just breath and blow it away, but not smoke.  Someone told me as long as I am blowing  steam it is okay as long as it is not smoke. 

Mandolinrain

What a great reply! I love it....blowing steam and not smoke!!!

Tammyzhere‌, this too shall pass. Adult kids can drive you crazy ,been there, still there.  Going through it now with one of ours. Your being challenged now, you will be challenged smoker or not smoking....so choose freedom. Hold up that pretty head and be grateful. Your here, you blogged, you reached out...and it won't be the last time this child ever gets on your nerve, they all do from time to time, but your not smoking ver it. THAT my friend...is progress.

Sandy-9-17-17

I can feel what you're putting down!  I have a 22 year old adult daughter, who has BPD....Borderline Personality Disorder!  This girl is like a ticking time bomb and you never know when the disorder is going to show itself, and she can't control it either!  As much as people like to think she can!  

Yours is a little different, but hang in there and remember that you are doing right by yourself by being a quitter.  And there is no good reason (no matter what she says or does) TO SMOKE!