cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gramX2

lost it

So I have been absent for awhile because I lost my quit, started with just a drag, than half, than the other half, from one a day to now 3 to 4 a day, which is still less than what I used to smoke but still too many, ( I know NOPE). I have changed my quit date to 5/26  which is my 60th birthday and I pledge to do it this time. I know sometimes it takes more than one try so I am not going to beat myself up too much as I am getting right back to my quit before it gets too far. Just getting set up at home with internet so I plan on doing the daily pledge once again, as I know it does it help. So for the next three days I am going to wean myself so that on Sunday I will be ready. I know I can do this!

17 Replies
mrios5776

Tom i did that on accident but at least I have an "out" option now!

TW517

0 Kudos
indingrl

Whatever YOU sent YOUR mind to YOU can DO! Yahoooooo May 26th come on - gentle hug..

elvan

Congratulations on that decision to get right back to your quit.  I am sorry that you took that first puff...it just cannot happen.  What a lovely birthday present to yourself, FREEDOM!

Ellen

sweetplt

I am glad you came back to quit...I have looked at past notes I have sent you when you lost a quit and I am going to try something new...Please gramX2 this time keep close to here and help encourage others in their journey.  Sometimes when we encourage others it helps them and helps us too...Choose to quit smoking...WE are all in this together...~ Colleen 171 DOF 

Sootie

I am glad you are getting right back to your quit and OF COURSE you can do this! We all did and we are no different from you. However, it is vital that you sit and analyze what tripped you up this time? What happened? And since life will always throw things at us......what will you do when this happens again? You need a plan.........what will be your response the next time BESIDES turning to smoking again?

STAY STRONG.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It is the best gift you could give to yourself.  Nope

Alicatsam

Happy Birthday!

We'll all be rooting for you. You can do it!!

0 Kudos