cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

it's hard when u luv the outdoors

I can't  go out due to not being able to breathe from my copd. bout go crazy. using Nicorette to help n lollipops but bored with tv n games. praying the weather breaks so I can go back to my camper at the campground.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Barb102

I can’t breathe in this weather either. If you can drive , try that. I bring water. I have music on and I sit in my parked air conditioned car. I park by a lake, pond or park. I get out of the house and pass some time. I find it soothing. And I too am going crazy being in the house with this excessive heat.   I also try to remember that I can’t breathe in the cold winter either. So this is better for me , because I can get out and drive. I am really cooped in when it’s winter. Can’t drive with all the snow. There is always a positive if you just think about it. Right now the positive is how much worse it would be for me to try and breathe , if I was still smoking

come back here and talk with us we can pass the time together. Yes us are not alone

Barb

Barb that is a great idea. Ty

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Ty so much

0 Kudos
Giulia

You might try Orgami. HOW TO MAKE ORIGAMI FLOWERS - EASY ORIGAMI FOR BEGINNERS - YouTube   I just made this flower, only I couldn't get it work with four petals so I made six instead.  Never tried it before.  Took about half an hour.  That's half an hour of non boredom.  

IMG_8050.JPG

Or try to make a flip book  How to MAKE A FLIPBOOK - YouTube 

You're only limited by your imagination.  Which is limitless.

elvan

That's beautiful @Giulia!

0 Kudos
Giulia

It's really not that hard to do.  Just takes planning and patience.  Same as quitting!

elvan

Giulia‌ I LOVE it...will have to try it at some point when my hands are more functional...they are no happier than my lungs about this heat and humidity.

0 Kudos
Giulia

I hear you about the heat and humidity. It's been in the 90s and UNBEARABLE!  The flower is really fun to make.