Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

isabel-duarte

i want to quit

need help
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hi Isabel,
I'm just another soul quitting smoking, but for the first time in my life I feel I have a real support group to help me through the hard times. If you really want to quit, this is the place. All the best to you.
0 Kudos
rj_

Welcome Isabel.
here is my best advise.
Education+determination= success.
the education I found at www.whyquit.com gave me the best look at nicotine addiction I have ever seen,
determinataion comes from within and must be for yourself, and no one else
success is measured one day at a time, forever.
Regards, RJ...Free at Last... 504 days, after 32+ yrs of feeding the addiction.
0 Kudos
krissy6

Hi Isabel,

There is another great website called WhyQuit.com. It also has alot of helpful and some scary information. Check it out!

Kris
0 Kudos
krissy6

Hi RJ,

It is a great site, did you see the Palmolvie bottle test?? Scary!!

Kris
0 Kudos
joy3

I want to quit, this forum is helping me think about it more. I still don't have a deep desire to do it
I need help
0 Kudos
linda8

Hello Isabel, what you need to do, is do the research, go to whyquit.com and also be sure and look at all the info on the beginning of this web site. It helps make it all clear on why we need to quit finally. Then once you realize that you really need to do this. Please hang out here. This site is so wonderful, all of the people on here have been so much help with me quitting successfully. I just hit the 30 day mark and I know in a big part it is because of this web-site and everyone on it. i am rambling time to go to sleep. good luck and just remember you can do it!!!!
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi Joy, hopefully you are getting help to quit smoking but quite honestly the desire within you has to be strong. I have tried several times in the past and with the aid of Chantix this time around and the determination that I won't smoke again, I have managed to get past the 12 week mark. You have to be ready to try and change your routine or things you do so you will not have a smoke. It really just means some changes...for example, I used to smoke right after I ate. Instead I chose to do my dishes first and clean up and if the urge was still there, I would go for a short walk or do some deep breathing or even grab a pen and put it in my hands to keep them busy.

I wish you every success in your desire to quit smoking.
0 Kudos