cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mercy2

i,m hopeful that I can be smoke free with the help of this site

I have been smoking for 20 something years now and I am sick of it .  tried to quit numerous times and failed. I want to be free.  my son stays on me to quit and i want to but never have yet i feel like a falier to God and my family. I will start tracking my cig. and go from there. I have tried Chantix but when i got to the second colored pills they made me so sick to my stomach.  Any ideas out there . I need help fast.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rick_M

Mercy, you are not  a failure. You are trying to quit a very addictive habit. No easy chore to accomplish. At least you are attempting to quit, give yourself credit for that. My daugther was always after me like your son to quit. She is very happy now that I have quit. She said she only wanted me to quit and stop killing myself with ciggs. She had more sense then I did.

Sorry to hear the Chantix is not agreeing with you. I took it for three months and had no issues with it. I know you have to eat before you take it and drink at least a glass of water. You might want to try and cut the dose and see how that works. Your DR might be able to advise you. It would be to your advantage to use Chantix, it really does help. Hang in there, you can do this.....   

0 Kudos