cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen36

how is everyone doing?

how is everyone doing? Haven't been here for awhile. I cant believe I msde it ove 6 weeks. Now I need a sight like this to help me become healthy with my life. I was heavy before I quit and sure would lik to lose a bunch of weight. Luckily I haven't gained any from quiting. Any suggestions are welcome. Have a wonderful week. Delete Comment
0 Kudos
3 Replies
manofsteele

1st off super congratulations to you !

I assume you are considering exercise and proper diet

You might take the time you would have spent smoking researching ways to become healthier that might work for you and your type of schedule.

Many people seem to see some benefits from eating smaller meals multiple times a day to keep your body burning calories all day. I have always been told to eat more veggies and fruits and drink lots of water before meals.

Since everyone is different you should try to find something more suited to you and your lifestyle. I lost weight by not drinking any carbonated drinks, cutting down/out sugar and sugar substitute products, white breads,a lot of desserts and things I really liked < smile > and some good ol fashion walks for miles that I would also use to solve problems or plan future events.

I bet you will get other suggestions that might be helpful. Just keep working on your smoke free attitude so you will never make an excuse to ever take another puff ever again. You will be tempted multiple times and you still need to be able to say no .....I am not a smoker and controlled by poison anymore !

Super Smoke Free Start ..... Stay Strong Live Long !
0 Kudos
karen36

Thank you for the suggestions, I just have to stay focussed. Have a great day.
0 Kudos
shonna

Congrats on 6 weeks, you are doing excellent! I was also very worried about gaining weight after my quit was surprised to see that I haven''t. I am not eating out nearly as much, I try to only drink caffeine free soda, but I want to eventually give it up. I try to drink a lot of water and also take vitamins. I'm also finding that since I busy myself with cooking it keeps my mind off smoking. I'm generally eating some kind of chicken/steak which I marinate all day while I'm at work and then different types of salads with lotsa goodies in them. I never knew salad could be so tasty but I also rarely took the time to cook because I would just smoke instead. I also like to go on walks because I'm not so out of breath all the time, I would like to eventually head back to the gym but school is starting and I just started a new job so I'm gonna have to see when I have time. Wishing you much continued success!
0 Kudos