cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stuart

home late

Anyone else a night owl. I get home from work about 1:30. Everyone is asleep and I am alone. This is the time that I can catch up on the news and watch some tv. It is also the hardest time for cigs. Nov is coming and so is my life change I think getting home so late may be the biggest obstacle for me to work on.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
pixiehowl

maybe you could begin a hands on hobby?I have crochet to keep my hands occupied while I watch television.
My quit date is november 1st.
There is a guy on the net called "the crochet dude" I figure if a man can post on the web and publish books on crochet any man could at least try it.
But there are alot of hands on hobbies you can do and still watch T.V.
0 Kudos
sara

i think nighttime is really rough for anyone, because it's kind of a lonely time and it's easy to just do whatever you want without anyone around to judge...i'm not a zen master or anything, but maybe try some meditation...i know it sounds hokey, but it can be really relaxing and you don't actually have to sit in the floor with your legs crossed and cramping..it's a good way to sort of unwind before you go to sleep and can help with some of the cravings...when is your quit date?
0 Kudos
brenda29

I hear u there. I also works nites and it is the hardest,When im at work it is ok not that hard. But when i an=m at home on a night off it gets really boring for me. Cuz like u said everyone in the house is asleep so u have to be quiet. I have started reading books . U could try that. Every day is a struggle but i will beat this and so will u. U have to believe in yourself , u do have the willpower and the courage to do this. Talk to u soon
0 Kudos
stuart

I just woke up to about an inch of snow and it is still falling. I don't like the cold so this is a blessing. It should help since the nights are even colder.
0 Kudos