cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cyndi5

day 12

it has been 12 wonderfull smoke free days. I cant beileve how much time and money i waisted on cigs. Since i quit my head was really stuffed up, but its getting better now. since i quit i have ots of peppermints. Ifi dont have one i have a bad tast in my mouth. My fince says its because my glands are opening up and trying to get nicotine out of my system type thing. Does that really happen? whats it about and when will it get better?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
miguel

of course everybody is built different but we function just about the same defferent tweeks here and there, fresh fruit,is the best, local supermarket , pick up a regular size friut bowl and eat it slowly enjoy every bite the best and of course, the all american summer favorite watermelon, yeah!!!! it helps ur taste buds re-adapt!! Photobucket
0 Kudos
shereen

congratulations!! good for you!!! if you can, go to the dentist for a cleaning -- there's nothing like it after you quit smoking 🙂

%}
0 Kudos
polly2

Hey Cyndi! I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that I have a similar experience. I have used baking soda to get rid of the taste. Just dip your finger in water and then dip it into the baking soda and put it on your tongue. It will neutralize all taste in your mouth!! It really works! Many congratulations on day 12, which is now day 13!! You are ROCKING girl!! Keep it up -- You ar doing great!!
0 Kudos
cindy25

Wow. That didn't happen to me so I don't know. My first thought was maybe that smoking smell and taste "covered up" a problem that you have now? Like, maybe it existed before you quit but didn't notice it until now?
0 Kudos
cyndi5

thanks everyone thats alot of help. Ya i have had the dreams. Its so crazy, then i wake up and feel bad but then rmeber im still smoke free and am proud of myself. lol. thanks for the help and support. Ill try all your ideas and get back to you. your guys are great!
0 Kudos
doreen1

THIRTEEN DAYS OF SMOKE FREEDOM!! (ok, I'm a day late) Photobucket

If the stuffiness and bad taste in your mouth continue (w/o peppermints), you might check with your doctor. If you are having any pain or pressure in your face, it could be a sinus infection. You could try some saline solution for your nose - that will help to moisturize and shrink your swollen nasal and sinus passages. Your body is going through a lot of adjustments right now since you've become smoke free. It will get better. Let your doctor know you've quit smoking - that will help him/her to identify any issues you may be having.

Best of luck to you. Keep up the good work. Holler if you need me 🙂
0 Kudos
doreen1

THIRTEEN DAYS OF SMOKE FREEDOM!! (ok, I'm a day late) Photobucket

If the stuffiness and bad taste in your mouth continue (w/o peppermints), you might check with your doctor. If you are having any pain or pressure in your face, it could be a sinus infection. You could try some saline solution for your nose - that will help to moisturize and shrink your swollen nasal and sinus passages. Your body is going through a lot of adjustments right now since you've become smoke free. It will get better. Let your doctor know you've quit smoking - that will help him/her to identify any issues you may be having.

Best of luck to you. Keep up the good work. Holler if you need me 🙂
0 Kudos