cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

free2be2

back after almost 3 years...

Hi everyone!

Here I am again . It's been almost 3 years free of smoking. My quit date was 08/25/14. 

Being totally confident that I was never going to pick up that cigarette again. I was doing so well.

I started slowly.. having 1 cigarette maybe once a week socially, then 2 or 3 . After a month or so it steadily progressed to the same amount I was smoking before I quit, 10-15 cigs a day.. It's been almost 3 months now that I am back to the habit I don't like. Mad at myself.. I can't believe it I am doing it to myself again. At least now I know where to go and what to do.

Hoping that I can do it again and be smarter next time.. I have hope, but I know it's not going to be easy. 

Grateful for this place with so much support and information, going to dig all info that helped me last time. Picking up the date again.. July 1st really spoke to me, Don't want to prolong this agony .. 

Any advice and support would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

47 Replies
Ready2021

Your gonna make it

Kathryn16

Hi there free2beme! Haven't heard from you in awhile. So glad you are back. You probably don't know, as you have been gone for some time. I lost my beautiful son, Jesse, on August 3, 2014. He was 18. He was so

Proud of me when I quit smoking 5 years ago. I never smoked since I quit. Not once, not ever. I don't know why I am so blessed with the complete disgust for cigarettes. I hope that other people that are trying to quit can get where I am with this. Although I do find all people that still smoke, stupid. I was stupid and hooked for 34 years! My motto is still, "You deserve to breath fresh air!" You will make it this time. Welcome back.

Diannnnn

Kathryn,

We haven't met, but I am so sorry for your loss.

Dian

0 Kudos

I'm sorry for your loss too.

0 Kudos
elvan

Kathryn16‌  I am SO SORRY for your loss, I cannot even begin to fathom that.  How wonderful that you are not interested in smoking..you are serious about your recovery from this addiction.  It is wonderful to meet you.

Ellen

Daniela2016

Hello Kathryn16‌, nice to meet you and I am so very sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.

Kathryn16

You have a great quit going. Thanks for your kind words. You deserve fresh air. There is never a reason to smoke. I have been on this site for almost 6 years. I truly believe theses people saved my life!

free2be2

Thank you Kathryn for your welcome. I am truly sorry for your loss.Few of my friends lost their kids this year, some due to car accident, heart attack and drug addiction. Such profound loss! I have 2 young adults boys who I pray for everyday. 

I like your motto. I will try to remind it myself that I deserve to breath fresh air. Thank you

0 Kudos