cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Iamkfaz

Your thoughts please

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well. I have been spending this past week tracking every cigarette i have had, with the when, where,questions.  I have been keeping a journal throughout each day and i have read all of the readings recommended.  I love Easyway.  I have previously set my quit date at June 13 and I am seriously considering moving it to this coming Monday. Does anyone see any particular reason to wait until the 13th?  I have started the Wellbutrin today. 

Through my tracking and journal i have learned a lot about my patterns, my triggers and have solutions that will help me through. While reading Easyway, i took notes and have made cards to keep with me to read though out the day.  This book completely changed the way i viewed smoking and quitting. It made so much sense to me. 

I would love your thoughts. Thank you. Karyn

27 Replies
Iamkfaz

Thank you Jackie!

YoungAtHeart

It sounds like you have done your preparation work and should be good to go on Monday (or Saturday or Sunday for that matter).

With the "quititude" you have exhibited, I have no doubt you will be successful.

Ready.......

Set..............

Iamkfaz

Thank you so much!!

Jennifer-Quit

Only you know when the time is right.  Since you are using Wellbutrin - I would follow the recommendations for that method.  Best wishes to you - sounds like you have a winning attitude!

gregp136

Yes, it is up to you.  But I believe that the Wellbutrin will not be at full effect in your system yet.  Just take that into account.

Greg

gardenancy8

That is what happened to me, I read read read and next thing I knew, I was ready to quit before my quit date!  I find once we have the knowledge, it just makes sense to move forward with a quit.  

freeneasy

The sooner the better. You are the only one whose opinion matters in deciding on your quit date. If you feel like you are ready to do it.

Giulia

Obviously we're all in agreement that you seem to have done your preparation and have the right attitude to lay them down earlier than your original plan.  A strong preparation and positive attitude makes a HUGE difference in the successful outcome of a quit.  I want to just caution you, simply because I've seen it happen before:  if the going gets rough, don't let the fact that you quit early be an excuse to relapse  - that "I quit earlier than my quit date, so I wasn't really ready...." type of thinking.  You know in your heart of hearts whether you're ready or not.  Trust your instincts.  You're attitude is FABULOUS!  And I suspect your quit will be too.  Head high, chest out YES YOU CAN!

gregp136

I also made sure I waited to my quit date, even though I wanted to get going sooner, to let the excitement build.  It made quitting like Christmas morning, something I have to wait for but really don't want to.  

prjimm01

you are ready when you say you are!  Welcome!