cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Your favorite TV show or Movie

Thought if your here trying to work through a crave this may take your mind off of it.

Some of my all time favorite movies ( cause I can't name just one, I have many I love)

The Man from Snowy Mountain

On Golden Pond

August Rush

The Blind Side

Pride and Prejudice 

The Crown ( Netflix Series)

Secretariat - although I despise horse racing, this was a good movie

Downton Abbey

The Showman ( About PT Barnum )

Hows that for starters...Your turn......I gotta go get some zzzzz's

30 Replies

I think I started AO but never finished it. I’ll have to see. Deb-EX

Deb-EX

I loved it, I loved the characters and the relationships and the last episode I just cried my eyes out! Let me know if you started, it might be one of those shows that doesn't grab you at the first couple of episodes, but it turns out great! OR it could be me  

0 Kudos

Deb-EX‌ Apparently I did finish the OA. LOL... I must have fallen asleep cuz I don’t remember finishing it and I wasn’t that into it. Maybe I’ll try again.

Deb-EX

LOL!! You fell asleeppppp ??!! OMG, I cried like a baby, BUT I also watched that during week 1 of my quit - Sooooo who knows if it was as good as I actually thought it was

0 Kudos
Deb-EX

So many great shows, so little time!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Hubby is now watching Peacky Blinders...Im on Once upon a time, 3rd season

MarilynH

Mrs Doubtfire

Liar liar

What women want 

As good as it gets

Secretariot 

Dirty Dancing 

All of these movies plus many more helped me through the rough patches way back in the early days and weeks of quitting smoking, thanks Missy for posting this.

hopsquatch89

Into the Wild would still have to be my favorite (Plus it has an Awesome Soundtrack)

Garden State was a staple movie for me for a long time - but Wish I was Here (Also directed by Zach Braff) is climbing the favorites list quickly...

A few other honorable cinematic mentions:

City of Angels

The Scent of a Woman

Fury

Memento

The Family Man

Serendipity

Dazed & Confused

and when I just want to numb my brain...TOMMY BOY

As for Shows...

I almost hate to admit it but Archer is currently right up towards the top of my viewing list

Also enjoy:

Scrubs

American Horror Story

Vikings

Taboo

Deadwood

Honestly I am more of a "go outside and do something" person, so not a lot to contribute here. That said, in the sub-zero depths of MN winters...sometimes you just have to find ways to kill time inside where its warm. 

Deb-EX

Omg Taboo was AWESOME!! Can't wait for season 2 ... Geez when's it coming LOL.. And Vikings so awesome too.... 

hopsquatch89

I have heard early 2019 on Taboo - I am sure it was just rumor though, and I haven't seen anything that quantifies the claim. 

Vikings is a good one for sure - I tend to pick away at that one. I didn't start on it until it was already 3 seasons in, and I have a tough time passively watching it so I tend to wait for cold/nothing days to binge a season at a time.

If you like those two, I am assuming you follow GOT as well - have you heard anything on a release date for Season 8 yet?